• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Does Anyone Brine Brisket?

West River BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this topic has been covered but I'm having trouble with the search engine. As the title implies, I'm wondering if anyone brines their brisket? If so, what's your formula? Thanks.

If you're not a paying member, the search at the top does not work. Instead, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a Google custom search. But to answer your question, no I do not. Rub only.

It'd be interesting to see the results with a basic brine solution and no curing salt. Go try it!!!

if you brine for one day it wont be corned. a standard brine doesn't have enough salt to cure that fast.

I've injected briskets with brine and saw positive results not pastrami

I think I'm going to have to try it. I'll stick with a traditional salt and sugar mixture - no more variables than necessary. I'll post when the day comes. Been practicing ribs and chicken in hopes of a respectable score for my first comp next year.

I'm not a paying member but I should be by now with all the advice I get. I did try the lower Google search but it just hung there. Internet gremlins again!

Beef typically does not brine well. I believe that it has a naturally higher sodium content that poultry or pork.

David

I have to wait about a month before I can cook a brisket because it is a bunch of meat, even if freezing most of it. I don't think I'll invest in a full packer but will use the flat or at least a portion of one. I guess that if I separate the flat into two or three pieces I can compare wet and dry brines and a no-brine control. I have a pellet grill so I can control the temp really easily. Anybody have other thoughts? Oh, and I wont be using a wagyu.

I probably wouldn't call it "brining" because of the mixture that he uses, but I have a friend who marinates brisket with great results. I've personally never found it to be necessary.

Back