• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Which BBQ toys did you initially roll your eyes at but came to love?

Ha, that's great! I do the same thing with my Go-pro to the phone... :clap2:

Scott

Seriously? Please get a Fireboard.

I'd never heard of Fireboard, it looks pretty good.
The appeal of this setup is that it is entirely improvised, cost $0, and will also show the density and quality of smoke billowing out the top.

That temperature control blower with the Fireboard looks like a game changer though. Remote temperature control is my next goal.

Not really an eye roller, but I hesitated on buying a Pigtail. The day it arrived I ordered 6 more for friends, and to date have given at least 20 as gifts.

Not really an eye roller, but I hesitated on buying a Pigtail. The day it arrived I ordered 6 more for friends, and to date have given at least 20 as gifts.

I've been thinking about getting one of those. Do you recommend a particular brand or size?

I never quite understood why anyone would use a pigtail until I saw the griller at Jocko's in Nipomo in action. He's cooking so much meat so quickly & over such a high flame there's no time to clamp and release tongs. Dude was flying and it's awesome to see. Great results, too!

I have a couple pigtails & like to use 'em when I remember I have 'em.

This pigtail intrigued me into some google searching. While trying to figure out how one would flip a chicken wing with it I came across this:

5b9cc0162000003100fdb2d2.jpeg

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trongs-chicken-wings_n_2542681

For me it's my latest acquisition - Weber Performer grill. For the past 30 yrs I've been cooking on a 14" Weber Smokey Joe and finally picked up a 22" Performer. Of course the grill area is a major benefit however when coupled with the propane assisted charcoal starter it's simply awesome and I smile every time I push the igniter.

Any cooker over $500. I thought y'all were idiot's. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Vortex, Slow 'n Sear, and my Thermopen. Thought they were all overpriced toys until I got one! I have a drawer full of old school instant read thermometers that never see the light of day.

I've been thinking about getting one of those. Do you recommend a particular brand or size?

My first ones I bought were made by the original Pigtail manufacturer, a wooden handle with a lacquer finish, then Jaccard bought the company and as far as I can tell continued with the same product. The originals could be ordered in LH models too, not sure if those are still produced. The last time I ordered they had a plastic handle option that was a couple of bucks cheaper.... I just like the looks and feel of the wooden handles. There are plenty of copy cat flippers out there too.

Stickburners.Shirley stickburners.Best $ I ever spent on a cooking vessle.#2 A Big Green Egg.It has it's place,my first one was a gift.Too many other gadgets to mention. I still like my Weber better than the BGE for some things.MostlyChicken.

Back