Country style ribs with some brethren love

sleebus.jones

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I had a nice pack of CSRs and new rubs and sauces to try out (courtesy of Stingerhook) and an empty belly, so let's get to it!

I picked the 4 Rivers Smokehouse all-purpose rub for the rub. Stuck it down with some Worcestershire as I always do. Rub tastes primarily of salt, sugar, black pepper and a solid whack of cumin. Popped them on the PG1000 at 275°, which gives me a zone 4 cook temp of 250°. I basted with the mop 2 times, once mid cook and once about 15 mins before the end. Cook time was right at 2 hours. I boosted the temp to 300° at the end to set the glaze.

lVFIPeWl.jpg

I don't use mopping sauces, but figured I'd give it a go with these for something different.

1Inqn2Xl.jpg

mJUbHMWl.jpg

wosJ7JKl.jpg

The mop was Everglade's gourmet moppin' sauce with sweet Florida onions. Holy cow was this stuff good! The 4 Rivers rub was great with a delicious peppery finish. I don't use mops, but I think I'm going to have to change my technique. I liked this one because it wasn't too sweet, and even though I had the cooker cruising at 300°+ at the end, it didn't burn, although it's the PG1000's indirect side that helps here -- it's almost like cheating! Kept everything nice and moist. I pulled the CSRs when they hit ~255°-260° IT. Even though they are pork shoulder, we're not going for pulled pork. Seriously some of the best CSRs I've pulled off the cooker.

8X8mGEVl.jpg

CSR's are one of my favorite things to cook.

Back