eye of round

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
did another eye of round last night. used very simple recipe from cooks illustrated. sprinkle roast with about 1/4 cup kosher salt . wrap in plastic and refridgerate over night. Seasoned with montreal steak seasoning then sear in skillet or on gasser . then onto smoker at 220. low and slow then took off at 135 internal. tented with foil for 15 minutes then sliced. Flavor was great, little smokiness and the montreal added good seasonings as well. i'd of prefered just a tad rarer but had to compromise with rest of family. gonna slice leftovers really thin with my electric slicer for sammies.

Last edited:
Looks good.
I have to compromise on wellness with my family also. I rarely smoke beef roasts because of this.

Looks good Mike. I agree that it needs to be a tad bit rarer. For leftovers, I like to shred it with a cheese grater, large holes, then nuke it in the micro for about 60 sec, put it on a toasted everything bagel with cream cheese, onion slice, seasoned salt and lots of red Tabasco sauce.

Looks good......i bought a 5 pounder last week, cut up into steaks and grilled....good stuff:biggrin:

We call that 'pitbeef', which it's probably not, but it sounds good. :) I love sandwiches (never sammies here) with sour cream horseradish sauce... great stuff.

Looks good- I do the same -cook a eye round and slice the rest up for lunch for the week-beats 9 dollar a pound roast beef at the deli-

Back