Anatomy of a vending trailer

Bbq Bubba

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Have had a lot of requests to see my mobile kitchen.
This will show you some of the basics you need for HD approval.

Started with this...

By imn88fan

7X16 Doolittle car hauler with fold down ramp.
Had been vending roadside temporarily waiting for my STFU (special transitory food unit) plan review and permit to be completed.

By imn88fan

HD required a total rebuild of the trailer.
Now it incorporates a 32 gallon fresh water tank, 40 gallon waste tank, 10 gallon water heater, 3 sinks with hand wash station and plenty of cabinets and countertop space!

By imn88fan

Commercial fridge was installed last night!

By imn88fan

Lesson learned.....don't set up a trailer to cater or vend BEFORE going to the HD. What you think will be sufficent won't even come close to their standards! :roll:

Getting final inspection Friday and i'll be able to cook anywhere in the state!

Wow.....did all of that "remodel" hurt a bit?
Looks like quite a set up now, though!!

Congrats!

Gonna be cookin soon in that thing, I bet, huh???
GOOD LUCK!!

Great advice - Man you did get off ez though. The regs here in Socal are incredibly stringent, and makes it hard for someone to use anything but a commercially manufactured unit. Best of luck!!!

Is that Jacobs poster I see. Fear on the Farm or something like that? I did see the Brethren sticker on the old fridge too.

Looks great and best of luck to you.

Looks like a nice rig...
Just out of curiosity, what do you use to power it and is it enough?
Did you look into one of those hot water on demand units rather than hot water heater?
What are you serving and where will you be later today...I'm getting hungry!

Looks like a nice rig...
Just out of curiosity, what do you use to power it and is it enough?
Did you look into one of those hot water on demand units rather than hot water heater?
What are you serving and where will you be later today...I'm getting hungry!

Roadside, i have power onsite, otherwise it all gets powered by a genny.

I'll be open next Tuesday barring final inspection and my menu is thus...

Attachments

• Trailer 009.jpg
    Trailer 009.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 451
How much $$ do you think you have into your rig? If you don't mind saying. I am working with my HD now and I am thinking of having extreme bbq trailers build mine to save me the headaches.

Sean

Wow, nice looking setup and menu. If you were in my area I'd be hitting that every day!

Had been vending roadside temporarily waiting for my STFU (special transitory food unit) plan review and permit to be completed.

You sure that's the right acronym? I always thought STFU meant something else. :biggrin:

Wow, nice looking setup and menu. If you were in my area I'd be hitting that every day!

You sure that's the right acronym? I always thought STFU meant something else. :biggrin:

Me too!:biggrin:

Looks great, Bubba!:eusa_clap

Back