Food Network BBQ?WTF????

txschutte

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I just watched Tyler's Ultimate BBQ Ribs.....In the Farking Oven!!!!:mad:
Farking Yummo!!!:icon_sick

Then Sandra Lee is cooking pork butt sammies in the dayum Crock pot!!!:x

No wonder 90% of America wouldn't know BBQ if it bit them in the pork butt!:evil:

Spice, send them farkers a smoker!!!

I got another one for you...Jaime Oliver was using wood chips for his rabbit pens to smoke salmonin a stovetop smoker.

And they are supposed to know how to cook it!

That is farked up. They do know how to cook, but obviously they don't know how to Q. That is two different playing fields. Kinda like baking and cooking. If they aren't going to do it right, they should just go home.

And they are supposed to know how to cook it!

That is farked up. They do know how to cook, but obviously they don't know how to Q. That is two different playing fields. Kinda like baking and cooking. If they aren't going to do it right, they should just go home.

Alton did ribs in the oven, but make it very clear they were not BBQ ribs. He gave us pitmasters credit which is a nice change on the Food Network. They did look pretty damn good too!

No wonder 90% of America wouldn't know BBQ if it bit them in the pork butt!:evil:

I watched an episode of Bobby Flay's throwdown. He too did ribs in the oven and acted surprised when he didn't win.

Its called Bar-b-oven or Bar-b-crock. I'd say baked-b-que or crock-b-que, but that would be an isult to the "que". And that is not a good thing!

Guess none of you folks above this post ever tried to bbq in a blizzard or when the temps are below negative 20 below zero.
Ive done it many times and quite happy with the results. Not true cue but when ya get a hankering for something other than tofu during our long winters........ya gotta improvise, adapt and overcome.
Going to my room now.

Guess none of you folks above this post ever tried to bbq in a blizzard or when the temps are below negative 20 below zero.
Ive done it many times and quite happy with the results. Not true cue but when ya get a hankering for something other than tofu during our long winters........ya gotta improvise, adapt and overcome.
Going to my room now.

get a big green egg and the cold won't bother the cook, but it might bother the cook. :biggrin:

Going to my room now.
Been there, done that......had to have a break from the wife's cooking:biggrin:

I'll eat a sammich out of Sandra Lee's crock pot anytime.

No sauce for you!
The BBQ Nazi

Most of the audience dont have smoker that one reson they do it and besides most people dont know what real Q is . If you explaine what it is they look at you as if you some kind of nut. Folks it not going to get any better.

I agree they don't understand real Q...but txschutte...that avatar doesn't help them understand. LOL!

I watched an episode of Bobby Flay's throwdown. He too did ribs in the oven and acted surprised when he didn't win.
I also saw an Iron Chef America where Flay cooked a rack or ribs. don't remeber the 50 methods of cooking the one slab of ribs...but slab O' ribs in less than an hour....that says enough.
Emeril also is notorious for doing pork butt, ribs and brisket on his stovetop smoker and oven.
This thread is making me hungry...going to go pour some heinz bbq sauce on my workboots and have me a food network feaat.

I also saw an Iron Chef America where Flay cooked a rack or ribs. don't remeber the 50 methods of cooking the one slab of ribs...but slab O' ribs in less than an hour....that says enough.
Emeril also is notorious for doing pork butt, ribs and brisket on his stovetop smoker and oven.
This thread is making me hungry...going to go pour some heinz bbq sauce on my workboots and have me a food network feaat.

Those ribs were boiled, deep fried, and pressure cookered. It was battle peanut.

Back