View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 09:10 PM   #9
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

OK, definitely do Big Bob Gibson's in Decatur then. I've been several times now and it is always great. Last time I discovered the baked beans. Theirs were the best I've had. You also won't get a chance to see as many BBQ trophies altogether in one spot:

There's more around the corner on the left if you can believe it. Just order one of everything and you won't be disappointed:

Memphis has always been a bit of a crapshoot for me. I've enjoyed Cozy Corner and it is plenty busy. I've heard many rave about their Cornish hens, but to us they were rather meh and I'd skip those. The sauce was interesting on their Q though -- it's really a weak recommendation, but some of the better Q I've had in Memphis. Despite its reputation, the BBQ is not that great, at least that I've had. The first time I went to Rendezvous, I had very nearly the worst ribs I've ever had in my life. Most people will say similar. We went back last October primarily because it is a fun place to go and I had some of the best ribs I've had. I would gladly go back and give them another shot. I have no idea if it is a hit-and-miss sort of thing or if they got a new (good) chef. It's a fun place regardless of the food. In any case, both times were memorable, once for very poor food and once for very good food. I'd rather have memorable than meh. Most of the other BBQ I've had in Memphis has been rather meh.

Incidentally, stayed in the Residence Inn downtown in Memphis last time and it was a great place to stay. It's easy to get on and off the highway from there and you can walk to Beale Street for some Blues. Had an absolutely lovely room also.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is online now   Reply With Quote