View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #117
el luchador
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : EL Luchador

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Drop View Post
I have done, I've nothing against it, and I have no horse in this race. If it's your hobby or passion and you aren't loving the process then there is no reason in the world I would want to convince you to do other than that which makes you happy.

As a chef by profession my daily life has been to make the best of whatever tools and ingredients are at hand. I was just pointing out that charcoal and embers are different, and you seem to like cooking over embers.

With the increasing popularity of stick burners, many have forgotten the great art of cooking over logs freshly burnt to embers and shovelled into a pit. It's a killer way to smoke food that is also a huge favorite of mine when i've had the chance to attempt it, and the results are fabulous.

yes sir! as I said earlier in the thread, the best heat and smoke out of my stick burner was when it was down to the glowing embers and there was no smoke emanating from the cooker. It just smelled like heat and it was awesome. When I put my hand over the exhaust the smell was just pure.

now, Im not going to pretend like I know anything about anything, so maybe you can help.

in my limited understanding wood becomes embers when everything else is burned off and all that's left is carbon? and lump charcoal is carbonized wood?

now the heat I got out of the glowing lump charcoal smelled and acted like the ember stage of wood.

Pray, tell, what are the differences between red hot fresh embers and red hot lump charcoal?

(btw, I still have a bunch of pecan logs left. Guess whats going to be made out of them )
el luchador is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->