View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 08:40 PM   #1
ulc
is one Smokin' Farker

Default 3 days of boneless beef short ribs

Yesterday day 1, we grilled some marinated thinly sliced boneless short ribs over lump charcoal. This is the traditional Korean way and always excellent. Ate it with Korean beansprouts, kimchi jjigae, soy-vinegar pickled red radish and onion, cilantro, lettuce, and perilla leaves.

Today day 2, I decided to cut the boneless short ribs into steaks and seasoned it with olive oil and Montreal steak seasoning. The meat was little chewy but still great as I could really taste the rich beef short rib flavor. I prefer my short ribs without any marinade.

Ate the short ribs with cold bowl of naengmyeon. Naengmyeon noodle is made from flour and starch of buckwheat, potatoes, sweet potatoes and is unlike any noodle you find in Western cuisine. It's extremely chewy, almost rubber band like. The cold beefy tangy broth pairs great with any grilled meat as vinegar taste cuts through the richness and heavy grease/oil of the meat.

Tomorrow day 3, I'm doing USA BBQ style and smoking boneless beef short ribs. I've been neglecting my Big Kamado Joe so I might fire up the big ceramic.
ulc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->