View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
Sweetsmoke87
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Jon
Default Finally got to break in the new smoker...(PRON included)

Well about two weeks ago I made the trip to Oklahoma to pick up my new to me smoker. I cleaned it all up, seasoned it and was ready to break it in. Well we broke it in alright. Put about 200lbs of meat on it. Pork ribs, beef ribs, 2 briskets, 3 shoulders, pork belly, chicken thighs and quarters, outer skirt steak, turkey legs and I thinks a few others. It cooked amazing, all the food came out great! Had about 60 people over for food, and had a ton of left overs.

I was worried about the smoker I purchased based on some reviews I have seen here and on the net. But decided to go ahead and purchase it anyways. It is a Greasy hill smoker. 2015 reverse flow model with the larger vent stack, and correct size opening from firebox. Also has the 42" grill and rib box on it. I wasn't sure what to expect with it but was pleasantly surprised. Was able to get temps up to 375-400 if needed and was able to maintain about 250 with ease. It did not burn through a lot of wood to keep temps. I have used all parts of this smoker so far except the deep fryer setup on the back side. It had no issues handling all of that meat. Temps stayed within 8 degrees left to right once I got is all settled in.

Thanks to a lot of you guys for the information on this forum about reverse flows, fire management, cooking times and temps. It made the first big cook fairly easy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36776635_10214039461594137_5490644083347030016_o.jpg (81.0 KB, 528 views)
Sweetsmoke87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->