View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 06:47 PM   #218
Dweverett
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Bill

Not trying to bash them either. but I will say I'm not sure I'd be happy with their product development team (including marketing) if I was in charge.

The WSCG is a really well designed kamado, and priced reasonably against that competitive set. Unfortunately, it was marketed as a combination of a kettle, performer, and WSM. The first two are somewhat redundant and even if you bought all three you were still ahead financially. I don't have any data but my sense is that it hasn't sold overly well. While folks here evaluate it for what it is, I don't think it has the prestige that a BGE has with the general public.

The updated gassers are probably selling in line with their historical performance but I don't know that a lot of people prefer the second generation Genesis over the older model or that it's an upgrade. At best it feels like a wash with some minot benefits and some minor losses.

And then of course there is this situation. By any measure this appears to be a stunningly bad launch

Gifted to various children — Kamado Joe Classic, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Genesis, Rectec 680
Dweverett is offline   Reply With Quote