View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 08:49 PM   #9
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Really an easy cook... Bought an 11 lb pork belly at Costco. Removed 80% of the fat cap. Probably won’t do that next time as I absolutely love the bits of rendered fat. Cubed it into 1” squares. Applied rub and placed on the MAK at 245°. Started spritzing at the 90 min mark and every 40-45 mins thereafter. Kept the exterior moist during the cooking process. Cooked them for about 7 hours at that temp until I had the color I wanted. At that point they were all sitting around 160° which kind of surprised me. I was expecting them closer to 180°. Needing to hurry things along, I decided to apply the glaze and place in the pan... I then kicked the MAK to 300° for about 60-75 mins. That took them to about 200° and they were probing like butter. The glaze consisted of Kinder’s organic BBQ sauce/raw organic honey/apple juice. I like to dilute the glaze down to a runny syrup like consistency. I tossed the meat in the glaze which was in a large bowl and then placed each piece in the aluminum pan you see pictured. You don’t want them sitting in a puddle of glaze when you start the “burnt ends” process. Glaze them and finish them... not braise them [emoji846]
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->