Weber smokefire shipped

Congrats! Mine shipped too. Ordered mine on Monday morning and got the shipped email Monday night. Called Weber to confirm and they said everything will deliver on Friday. Weber's website now shows that they're out of stock and open to pre-orders for mid-Feb shipment.

Called Weber Friday and was told it hadn't even shipped yet. Even though I got an email notification on Tuesday and called Tuesday to confirm (and was told SEKO was delivering Friday). Called again Monday and they sent a different shipment email that said it was shipped last Friday and to call SEKO for further updates. Called SEKO and they told me the order hadn't been shipped and wasn't scheduled to pick up until Today (Tuesday). Anywho, SEKO shows that delivery will be made on Friday. I'm excited but I'm not holding my breath.

Mine showed shipped for a week before Seko actually picked it up. The tracking information showed "Booked" for a week and finally showed movement yesterday. The projected delivery date for me was 2/12. I'm not holding my breath either. I highly doubt I will see a delivery tomorrow.

Called Weber Friday and was told it hadn't even shipped yet. Even though I got an email notification on Tuesday and called Tuesday to confirm (and was told SEKO was delivering Friday). Called again Monday and they sent a different shipment email that said it was shipped last Friday and to call SEKO for further updates. Called SEKO and they told me the order hadn't been shipped and wasn't scheduled to pick up until Today (Tuesday). Anywho, SEKO shows that delivery will be made on Friday. I'm excited but I'm not holding my breath.

No kidding… he’d already have a cook or two under his belt if he lived in Japan. Darn time zones have taken the suspense to unimaginable levels [emoji27]

Time zones are so 2019...

I’m EST. The shipping company called me yesterday morning to confirm delivery for today. The projected delivery was 2/12 so I assume expect a call first before anything.

I’ll take pics when it comes and document it as best I can. I was going to “blog” about it on my amazon affiliate site. But I’m a very lazy person.

I’m EST. The shipping company called me yesterday morning to confirm delivery for today. The projected delivery was 2/12 so I assume expect a call first before anything.

I’ll take pics when it comes and document it as best I can. I was going to “blog” about it on my amazon affiliate site. But I’m a very lazy person.
I am so looking forward to hearing how these actually work in real life before I bite the bullet and get one. :pop2:

I am so looking forward to hearing how these actually work in real life before I bite the bullet and get one. :pop2:

There's a few active Facebook groups that have some user experiences documented. Mostly all positive. From what I've seen you're going to want to keep them away from the wind as much as possible to maintain even grate temps and they gobble pellets like crazy.

Last edited:

I was in same mindset then said F it. I already have my Myron mixon h20 which I love and I wanted a pellet for cooks that I don’t want to tend to. I had a cookshack I resurrected but it being 15ish years old I got nervous if the electronics went it would cost more to replace than the smoker was worth and more expensive than the Weber.

So I sold the Cookshack and my green egg and bought this. I’ll have it assembled shortly and hope to cook tomorrow.

Got my call from Seko today for delivery tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Got my call today as well. Delivery tomorrow 3-5pm.

As others have said... I got the big one and expect it to be a pellet eating monster. Oh well!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Talked to the owner at Ace today... Still sitting on Weber’s dock.

Hopefully next week!

I love the naysayers, there’s gotta be a problem with everything :laugh:

Slightly annoying to put together. Ended up having to wait for my wife with a couple parts.

It’s together now. Might wait to season tomorrow

Slightly annoying to put together. Ended up having to wait for my wife with a couple parts.

Pic? Which model did you go with?

Some guys are saying to use the BILT app and that it's a breeze with it. Never used the app but looks like a neat program.

Some guys are saying to use the BILT app and that it's a breeze with it. Never used the app but looks like a neat program.

I was wrong. Didn’t know about the app. You figure it all out but a couple steps I was a little unsure. The metal cover to the fire pot was covered in this grease/oil. I wiped it off a little and will burn it off during seasoning

Last edited:
I have been following along in one of the facebook groups. Been some issue's which seem mostly user error and the few cooks I've seen look pretty good.

Back