• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A little chicken pron

Yes, I did Myron Mixon's cupcake chicken from his latest book. Followed it exactly from the recipe. Very dry and over cooked as I expected from the long cooking times. Cut the times back significantly and they came out great (for me) but my family still likes the fatty skins....

These definitely weren't dry. Each cup was running over with fat/butter/chicken juice. I could probably cut down the amount of time they cooked after taking them out of the cups

So the balls are actually thighs? What's the advantage to cooking them ins a muffin pan?

If you have Netflix then you should watch the first season of BBQ Pitmasters. Myron Mixon claims to have invented doing chicken thighs this way.

Brian

Have any of you had consistent success with muffin chicken?

I've only done one comp. And, we didn't do use muffin pans. We placed near DAL. So, this winter I've been trying to improve. These are the only two times I've tried it with muffin pans. Both times the chicken came out great. Very juicy, bite through skin and tasty. I'm about to prep more for tonight. They were good. But, not "HOLY CRAP THAT'S GOOD". I think a different sauce would help. I love SBR. But, it doesn't seem "right".

I've only done one comp. And, we didn't do use muffin pans. We placed near DAL. So, this winter I've been trying to improve. These are the only two times I've tried it with muffin pans. Both times the chicken came out great. Very juicy, bite through skin and tasty. I'm about to prep more for tonight. They were good. But, not "HOLY CRAP THAT'S GOOD". I think a different sauce would help. I love SBR. But, it doesn't seem "right".

Cool, keep us posted.

Practice makes perfect, right?
9D2F0B08-EA14-4294-95DE-C0681C3E8447-14286-00001B6BCD3FF181.jpg

Back