Its Official! I'm a proud member of the Shriley family!

Very nice hunk of hardware you got there, only problem I can see is it does not have enough spring handles on it.:heh:

Next time, if there ever is a next time, hire a wrecker truck to take that thing out, and put it right where you want it. Almost forgot, the food looked great.:thumb:
Dave

As previously stated - this is the best "I got a new smoker" thread I've ever seen! Very nicely done - the pix, the food, the reportage, the review - all of it! Wow! At some point down the road (a long way down the road, like a really, really super long way down the road) I'd like to get a big arse trailer rig, and SF is very high on my list of places to consider.

Welcome to the family. I know about how much fun it can be to get these cookers in and out of trailers. Four man job the first time. Here is my redneck engineering for our. It was a one man job in and out of the toy hauler for the last comp.

That is a 2500 lb winch from Harbor Freight.

Have fun

I LOVE IT! I may be adding that little accessory to mine for our upcoming travels this summer. Great Idea!

Great cooker Shagdog, congrats!!
Love the weld pics. Those guys are masters! :-D

Great cooker Shagdog, congrats!!
Love the weld pics. Those guys are masters! :-D

Thanks Jeanie! I really love it (if you couldn't tell:)

They really are master craftsmen. The more you look at one of their cookers the more you notice the pride and attention to detail they put into their work. Anyone who has seen mine in person has been totally awestruck by the quality. Even non smokers.

The pictures, as good as they are, do not do this cooker justice. It really is beautiful and fantastic craftsmanship when you see it up close and personal.

We came VERY close to tipping it over when we were unloading it at Shagdog's house. I think I might have cried if we did. I know Shaggy would of.

The food was outstanding. The smoke ring on those ribs was ridiculous!

Its true. I would have cried.

Thanks again for your help unloading. Really glad to have you there!

And I feel like I should mention, for all Chicagoland and Wisconsin brethren on the fence about buying one of these... Call Paul and get a quote, he doesn't bite. Then give me a shout and come by for a visit, see what your money will get you. They're worth every penny and then some. I'm happy to show it off and fire it up.

Some great looking pr0n coming out of that first cook on that sexy Shirley! Congrats again, Matt!

Now let's see that thing packed full!

Awesome cooker and pics. Congrats! I gotta say I amost had a heart attack and had a flashback when I saw that ramp to bring her down. :shock: I got a two level backyard and when I made a ramp to bring my LSG down I almost tipped it over as well. Whew!! Glad you got her down safely and that is some killer grub. Love the Shirley cabinet door smokers and the welds are INSANE as you call it. :thumb:

Back