1st comp of the decade

Smokin D@wg@77

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
View attachment 177813

View attachment 177814

View attachment 177815

View attachment 177816

View attachment 177817Well fellas 1st comp of decade in the books this was our 3rd comp overall with pretty stacked field of great cooks. 24 team field we came in respectable 12th overall with 13th chicken , 10th ribs, 13th pork, 8th brisket. Overall felt we had good cook , but its weird after last turn in kinda start judging yourself and we seen same as judges things overcooked. We took chicken too far it was over. Ribs judges said was over ehhhh idk that tough. Brisket we knew took just hair too far. But all in all it was great time with good ppl. On to this weekend for next one ! Heres few pics of our humble set up.

Last edited:
I really like that wind break for your WSMs. I'm probably going to steal that and make a version of my own :p

Care to share any details on it? I see some hinges that look like would make it fold down

Congrats on your showing!

I also like the wind break and often thought about something similar. Congrats on a nice showing and kick-starting 2020 in style.

The 2 side pcs are hinged to fold flat onto base top. The back pc then sets down in a grove running the whole length of the base pc. Back pc has 4 spots with lag through bolts and wing nuts that connect the back and sides once its set up. So basically lays really flat when broke down bout 8" tall laying flat , then lay top pc on it adds another 1/2". Heres a pick of my F150 its loaded in there with 2 6 foot tables also under this platform.

Last edited:
Back