• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Country Style Ribs

What did you glaze them with? They look awesome.

Kinder’s organic bbq sauce (Costco), raw organic honey (Costco), splash of apple juice (Costco)... thank God for Costco... lol.

I add them together until I have a maple syrup like consistency. Apply 1-2 hours before meat is done and more often than not I’ll bump the temp a bit the last 20-30 mins to really caramelize and set the glaze. Good stuff, IMO :)

Those look delicious, haven't made them in a while. Inspired me to pull some out of the deep freeze. Probably next weekend.

BWXtk31l.jpg

Man, wish I had a deep freeze that I could pull whatever I feel inspired to cook from... #jealous [emoji12]

Those look excellent. What did you think about the rub? I used it and never tasted any flavor from the rub. I need me some of those CSR's in my life.

Man...they look great!!! I have not made them in quite a while, now I must go get some!! Thanks!!

OK so I am confused. I too always assumed these are cut from the butt. But I have Pat LaFreida's MEAT book and he says they are they first four ribs on the pig. Here is exactly what he says. "Country style ribs are the fist four ribs on the hog. They contain a portion of the loin and often even a little of the prized lip or cap. They are about half the price of the loin because of their irregular shape and size.; also, instead of pure loin muscle, they contain several muscles and therefore various levels of tenderness." I've seen then when they were obviously just sliced butt but I've also seen them as Pat describes them. I suppose they are different depending on where you live and even on the butcher. I'll always remember that my mom made them for my wedding rehearsal and they were the best meat I've ever eaten to this day. She died shortly after my wedding but I remember asking her how she cooked them. She said she did four different things to them and I don't remember what they were but I know they included roasting and grilling. She would not have smoked them. Crap, this is making me super hungry.

Those look excellent. What did you think about the rub? I used it and never tasted any flavor from the rub. I need me some of those CSR's in my life.

The rub was good... but it was also coupled with the glaze. My go-to rub has been Texas BBQ Rubs Original or Grand Champion for quite a few years now... love their stuff! :)

OK so I am confused. I too always assumed these are cut from the butt. But I have Pat LaFreida's MEAT book and he says they are they first four ribs on the pig. Here is exactly what he says. "Country style ribs are the fist four ribs on the hog. They contain a portion of the loin and often even a little of the prized lip or cap. They are about half the price of the loin because of their irregular shape and size.; also, instead of pure loin muscle, they contain several muscles and therefore various levels of tenderness." I've seen then when they were obviously just sliced butt but I've also seen them as Pat describes them. I suppose they are different depending on where you live and even on the butcher. I'll always remember that my mom made them for my wedding rehearsal and they were the best meat I've ever eaten to this day. She died shortly after my wedding but I remember asking her how she cooked them. She said she did four different things to them and I don't remember what they were but I know they included roasting and grilling. She would not have smoked them. Crap, this is making me super hungry.

Way to sprinkle confusion dust over this thread... lol. I have always been under the belief that they are a cut for the butt as well.

Back