• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

"Fish and Seafood!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, June 22nd!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Fish & Seafood!"

AAEySg0.jpg

This was thirdeye's winning entry in the 2018 Fish Throwdown

As chosen by frognot for winning the "Desserts, Brethren Style" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

frognot said:
Was thinking a Seafood Throwdown (look like past ones have been in June).
Fish, shellfish, anything that hangs out underwater is fair game. Mrs frognot's been requesting more seafood so would appreciate some ideas.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/5 through Monday 6/22.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 6/22.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Is Surf & Turf acceptable? That's what I'm cooking today. If not, there's always more fish to fry as they say.

This will be a good excuse to be eating good at least....
Should be a good one.

Is Surf & Turf acceptable? That's what I'm cooking today. If not, there's always more fish to fry as they say.

Based on the category description, there's no turf, just surf. You could always leave the turf out of the photos...

Last edited:
Tried something new. Fried walleye over charcoal vortex on the weber kettle 26. Walleye turned out good. The oil was a little too hot but still worked. Got a picture of the last filet going in when the oil had gotten dirty. Thought I had fish fry batter, chicken fry it was with just wet walleye. Please use my last picture as entry.

880418e7fecd6947138c5480f4eeda26.jpg

93dedf0bc4de6887f33ba65c479cda45.jpg

b4622efd9feb7ca7d82b6446b1cb6dd6.jpg

d821036950f6ee81023464b3a69b2a9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay another thumbnail that I can enter into. For this entry I would like to submit some shrimp that I grilled up.

I got the Weber really hot this time.

Got some shrimp for cheap, as they are on sale. Seasoned em up with some tequila, salt, pepper and cayenne.

Had to keep a close eye on them due to the high heat. But got them off just in time.

((Please use this photo for my submission into this entry.))

Gonna be some difficult voting. Y'all are tearing it up!

Can someone tell me why both my iPhone and iPad are rotating my pics from how they appear in my gallery. Lmao I’m a tech dummy.. I’ll get an entry photo once I can figure out how to stop the auto rotating��

Last edited:
Back