Injecting Pork for Pulled Pork

Well, wasn't me! No PM waiting for me, lol. :p

IamMadMan, I also just enjoy reading what others do.......You got me thinking that I need to do a pork butt soon!

Thirdeye, I agree with you, I find it difficult to get above 10% injected in a piece of meat.

Not necessarily, some have passed on the Game Changer because they already use it on a regular basis and want someone who hasn't used it to receive it. I wait for all replies to be received before running the RNG again to avoid confusion on my part.

Last edited:
Short Answer: No

Long Answer: thoroughly enjoyed your thread. Why just go smoke and rub? I often use a blend of woods including “a kiss of mesquite”. It hits the flavor we like. We seldom eat “barbecue” but use the smoked meats in everything from soups and sandwiches to lasagna and beans. Occasionally a pulled pork sandwich with Stubbs or Lillie’s-rare. I think I actually have Game Changer in my Rub cabinet.

I have Tony C’s Creole Butter injector Kit in The pantry. I just keep pushing it around the cabinet. I need to:
1. Check expiration date
2. If good, use it.

Again thanks for this thread. Enjoyed the topic and responses

The injector made it safe and sound - can't wait to use it! When large amounts of pork butts are getting cooked it means there's some fun on the horizon.

Thanks so much, IAMM! :clap2:

picture.php

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: thoroughly enjoyed your thread. Why just go smoke and rub? I often use a blend of woods including “a kiss of mesquite”. It hits the flavor we like. We seldom eat “barbecue” but use the smoked meats in everything from soups and sandwiches to lasagna and beans. Occasionally a pulled pork sandwich with Stubbs or Lillie’s-rare. I think I actually have Game Changer in my Rub cabinet.

I have Tony C’s Creole Butter injector Kit in The pantry. I just keep pushing it around the cabinet. I need to:
1. Check expiration date
2. If good, use it.

Again thanks for this thread. Enjoyed the topic and responses

I like the Tony C's syringes, but don't often use the injection for its intended purpose. I do however use the bottles to grease pots/pans, or in a foil crutch/wrap, and in a spray bottle or mop.

Here are the lucky recipients of the Game Changer Brine.

Frognot
Cat97
Jham0077

No obligation to do so, but try to post a a picture of your cook using Game Changer Brine as an injection. Even as little as two hours before going into the smoker makes a big difference.

Using Fruit juice or a combination of fruit juice and ginger ale yields great results at a ratio of 1 Tablespoon per cup of liquid, injected at a rate of 1 ounce of liquid brine per pound of meat.

When using an injector with a sharp needle, you can pierce right through the plastic without fear of splintering the plastic. If you have a hollow-point needle; make a slit in the plastic, and insert the needle to prevent plastic from entering the meat when inserting the needle. The plastic keeps the liquid contained and facilitates added absorption.

You can also inject into unwrapped meat without any problems.
enhance

enhance

Thanks so much. From what I've read here, this stuff can be used on anything. And reading about the variety of liquids used has lit up my eyes and I'm looking forward to the possibilities.

Thanks so much. From what I've read here, this stuff can be used on anything. And reading about the variety of liquids used has lit up my eyes and I'm looking forward to the possibilities.

You control the flavors by changing the liquid. I use cranberry-orange juice with chicken on some occasions, but it does color the chicken. My family and friends are fine with it, but a stranger might be leery about the pinkish color.

On another note, I've even used it as a dry brine with great results in the kitchen. Haven't used it as a dry brine in the smoker yet.

Packages of Game Changer Brine and a bonus will be shipping from Oakridge next week.

Sorry for the delay, my Granddaughter (9) is here from Texas and we have been busy with her. Also had to do a large cook for a Scholarship Awards Luncheon and presentation. Thank You for your patience.

Depends if i am going for traditional pulled pork bbq, or if i am am going for something like Pernil. Pernil, my go to is Goya Mojo marinade. Traditional i just straight inject Tennessee Red.

Yee haa! Before joining this group I was the guy who never won anything.

Have a pork butt in the freezer and will do a cook later this week.

And reading about the variety of liquids used has lit up my eyes and I'm looking forward to the possibilities.
Me too, just found this thread and bookmarked - I have an injector AND the Game Changer but forgot to use it on my last butt - I can't wait to try what I learned in this great thread!

1. I sometimes inject.
2. I usually make an injection of water and the rub I'm using on the pork.
3. Flavor and moisture are the reasons I inject when I do.
4. I usually only cook one butt at a time.
5. Spitjack Magnum.

I've tried various methods but "Traditional NC Bar-B-Q (Lexington style) - Secrets from SirPorkalot HQ" is our family favorite.

Injected 2 butts on July 4th with 50/50 apple cider vinegar and apple juice, had a ton of compliments and it really was fantastic. Will probably continue injecting that from now on.

I was surprised on Friday when I returned home and found a package at my front door.

Brethren GTR sent me a container of "Lambert's Sweet Brine of Mine" World Championship Pork Injection.

enhance

I'll let you know how it compares with my current injection when I cook for my VFW early next month.

Thanks Brother GTR...

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
^^^Hope you enjoy it! I love that stuff. I sampled some of Sweet Swine O' Mine's cooking at a comp and figured that whatever they're doing is something I should seriously be checking out.

I'm hoping to get to the post office this week with a couple/few more thangs to send you way. Thanks again for the injector - can't wait to put it to use!

Back