Hello from Alabama

jemcgriff

Reaction score
To be honest, not sure how I got here.

a couple of years ago my wife and I bought our first house, and with the house came the freedom of being able to cook outdoors howeever we liked. Since we had just moved, we got the cheap $20 grill from walmart just to start.

A year ago I was working a side job, and with what I made one day I "upgraded" and got the cheap $70 kettle grill from home depot.

Sometime after that purchase, there was an idea to make some ribs. Likely my wife was craving some, and I didn't want to spend the money to go to a place that had good ribs. So i ended up looking up, and making ribs on a charcoal grill.

Between then and now, I have made ribs at least twice more, and smoked a brisket flat on the same chepo grill, and they were pretty good to us.

Waiting on a birthday to upgrade my grill again, but I have at least gone from lighter fluid to a charcoal chimney and from chepo charcoal briquetts to Kingsford blue. I even have some lump charcoal (still in the chepo phase there).

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome J. I know what brought you here...your love of good food, namely BBQ, and your desire to cook it better. You are definitely in the right place. Happy to have you.

Welcome to the Brethren. You need to read this great treasure of BBQ knowledge until your eyes hurt.

Back