View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
thaifighter06
On the road to being a farker

Default The Only Way to Announce...

Brothers and Sisters in Smoke -

It brings me great joy to tell you I will soon be a father to more than just my line of cookers. Recently found out the lady-wife has a little "brisket in the smoker" that will be fully cooked, pulled and rested by late February.

Needless to say, I'm beyond excited. Hell, it's one more person I can cook for.

The reason I post is to share how I announced this wonderful event. At my workplace, it's customary to bring in some sort of edible when a significant life event happens (birthday, wedding, baby).

The most common edible is Dunkin Donuts, mostly in "hole" form.

Any self respecting BBQer would put that in the "no friggin way will that be me" column.

I turned 31 a few weeks ago and brought in some lovely pulled pork for the co-workers. I ended up taking on a few catering jobs as a side effect of the smokey goodness.

I decided on bringing in a bunch of spares to the co-workers' delight. I got a 3 pack from Costco, trimmed and rubbed them down with mustard, a little Yardbird and freshly ground coffee. Cooked them at about 235 (in the BGE XL) for 3 hours, foiled for 2 hours with butter, brown sugar, tiger sauce and mesquite honey and back in the pecan/cherry smoke for 1 hour more (with glaze).

I cut them all up to make easy individual meat candy popsicles and pretty much made the day of everyone involved. Here is the email I sent to announce the cause of celebration.

|||Friends of FTP –

From the dawn of time, we can attribute mans’ (note the apostrophe, the “formal” “man” which includes women) continuous survival to a single, FANSTASTIC phenomenon:

Procreation.

Please go downstairs to the café and enjoy a BABY back rib.|||

(While they were spares and not baby backs, I banked on my co-workers not knowing the difference, it made the analogy work)

Happy Labor Day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wong bump.jpg (45.6 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg Ribs 3.jpg (106.3 KB, 335 views)

Thanks from: --->