Grill grates question

I have noticed that on my Blackstone, anything other than smash burgers - relatively small amount of meat - the juices released do affect the crust formation...usually have to move em around and scoot the grease to the drain.

I have noticed that on my Blackstone, anything other than smash burgers - relatively small amount of meat - the juices released do affect the crust formation...usually have to move em around and scoot the grease to the drain.

Exactly! You can get a good crust, but like you said, a lot more moving around.
878af224d99f4e4c35c6e38e2bd67c39.jpg

Well the Grill Grates arrived today. Once I assembled them on my table I realized they were probably a really good fit for my Primo XL too. Sure enough, probably a better fit for that grill than the 22.5 Weber kettle.

Attachments

• gg.jpg
    gg.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 78
WOW that’s a perfect Primo fit! Look forward to seeing some GG action :)

Nice! Now dirty them up!

I have a set on my gasser, love them for all the reasons already listed. I use regular grates on my charcoal grill, for maximum flavor from the coals.

I got the larger one for my Weber but it also fits my XL Oval like a glove.

Guess I should've read the entire thread cause it looks like you already found this out on your own. :redface:

Yep! Good call on flipping the Primo grates upside down to put the GG closer to the charcoal.

I took em on their maiden voyage last night for a steak and some shrimp (a poorly done rendition of DerHusker's atomic shrimp) and they worked great. Definitely had the Primo running a tad on the warm side (425* dome temp) I think, the bacon I wrapped around the shrimp scorched very quickly, I'm sure the surface of the GG's was quite hot. The sear on the prime ribeye cap steaks was insane, a delicious slightly crunchy crust. Looking forward to playing around with these some more. :thumb:

Yep! Good call on flipping the Primo grates upside down to put the GG closer to the charcoal.

I took em on their maiden voyage last night for a steak and some shrimp (a poorly done rendition of DerHusker's atomic shrimp) and they worked great. Definitely had the Primo running a tad on the warm side (425* dome temp) I think, the bacon I wrapped around the shrimp scorched very quickly, I'm sure the surface of the GG's was quite hot. The sear on the prime ribeye cap steaks was insane, a delicious slightly crunchy crust. Looking forward to playing around with these some more. :thumb:

That SEAR... that plate’o’food... [emoji7]

Back