• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A new member of the Weber 26 fan club

willsands

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I recently made a startling discovery. Willpower is soluble in alcohol. I have the habit of enjoying a glass of beer while perusing The BBQ Brethren forums. Lately there has been a proliferation of glowing posts regarding the Weber 26 kettle. It is frequently highly recommended and often the answer to “what cooker would you choose in you were limited to one?” I didn’t have a 26 or a need for one for that matter. However, with a couple of beers, the virtues of cooking on a Weber 26 became crystal clear to me. A phone call to the local Lowes store and a debit card number are enough to have a Weber 26 delivered within the week.
The Lowes delivery truck driver unloaded a large box today. On opening the box, I was astonished. Relative to my 22’s, the 26 is huge. I assembled the grill, added a silicone port for thermocouple wires, and filed notches to indicate the lower vent opening. I’ll reserve the break in and initial cook until I have more free time, probably next week.
I am pleased with the fit and finish of the Weber 26 and I have no regrets regarding my willpower collapse and the resulting grill purchase. My problem lies in having a limited cooking area. If I could have only one, or two, or three, ……. I believe it’s time to reorganize and consider storage options.
Lowe’s generously affords a 10% discount for registered veterans on products purchased there. That’s enough to cover the state sales tax in my state. Thank you, Lowes.

Congrats on the new purchase, you’ll love it. I tend to always make my best purchases while indulging in some adult beverages. Anyways can’t wait to see what you cook on it. I currently have a chuck roast on mine.

Congrat's! You might as well sell your 22's now because you will never use them again.

Take that money, drink a few more beverages and order a Vortex and a Slow 'n Sear for your new toy!

Awesome and congrats on your 26 kettle. Absolutely love my 26’er :)

Congrats on the new cooker. I have spent a lot of money mixing alcohol and surfing the net, this site doesn't help slow the spending that's for sure.

Congrat's! You might as well sell your 22's now because you will never use them again.

Take that money, drink a few more beverages and order a Vortex and a Slow 'n Sear for your new toy!

...and GrillGrates and a Cajun Bandit rotisserie setup! Why short change yourself ;)

Is there a non OEM 26" (or whatever the true diameter is) replacement grate out there? Weber want's $90 + shipping for a cooking grate for the 26. Home depot has the 24" (22.5" actual) grates for $20.

Is there a non OEM 26" (or whatever the true diameter is) replacement grate out there? Weber want's $90 + shipping for a cooking grate for the 26. Home depot has the 24" (22.5" actual) grates for $20.

What happened to your original? They are stainless and darn near impossible to wear out!

What happened to your original? They are stainless and darn near impossible to wear out!

Not worried about wearing them out but you can only keep them so clean for so long.... I replace cooking grates every so often on all my cookers, the difference in price doesn't add up.

Not worried about wearing them out but you can only keep them so clean for so long.... I replace cooking grates every so often on all my cookers, the difference in price doesn't add up.

If all you want is clean grates... being they are stainless... have you tried spraying down with oven cleaner and placing in a garbage bag for a couple of hours... remove and thoroughly rinse? Should look pretty close to new :)

If all you want is clean grates... being they are stainless... have you tried spraying down with oven cleaner and placing in a garbage bag for a couple of hours... remove and thoroughly rinse? Should look pretty close to new :)

That's the drill, and black garbage bags laid in the sun give any cleaner or degreaser a little extra kick.

Very nice Congrats and Enjoy There is a Weber's Appreciation Society here I believe I was a member a number of years ago

Welcome to the club. Of my various cookers the 26 gets the call 90% of the time. If I downsized the 26 would be the last one standing no doubt. You're gonna love it.

Congrats on the new cooker, those 26's get alot of love around here I'd sure like to try one sometime.

Thanks for the encouraging comments. The new 26 will most likely replace the Weber 22's and earn a front row position along with the PK 360 and the Hunsaker drum. The others ships in the fleet are seldom used now.
I've never had an insulated cabinet smoker. The 270 Smokers are appealing for those cold winter cooks and for baking "artisan" bread. The 270's are rated to run at 400° while most other cabinets are limited to smoking temperatures. However, I'll have to drink more beer before making that phone call.

Welcome to the 26 club. I ordered mine thru HD with a 10pct off coupon. First 2 arrived with dents in the kettle. Finally got a good one. I suggested to Weber they use some dense foam and a slightly larger box.
Love the capacity. My sons will grill up 6 nice Porterhouse steaks for Dad's day.

Back