SPAM Burnt Ends

Ok- just took them off. disclaimer- I've never had a "real" burn end. I can say that I had a Spam "burnt end" and it's pretty damn ok.
50464172896_a53bc639d1_c.jpg
[/url]

50463473963_9098aa2bd3_c.jpg
[/url]

50464728601_c625ca6d98_c.jpg
[/url]

50464728541_7fc3e8de66_c.jpg
[/url]

50464027928_a81083e707_c.jpg
[/url]

Yes- that is my "good" china- with the eco friendly eating implements.

Was not sure what "went" with this - so I just settled on having "more" :grin:

Told y’all the alley was dark.
Backstory. Wife and I were talking about cafeteria ladies at schools we attended. Her grandma was one of these hair netted ladies. She said that one of their frequent menu items was BBQ Wieners-Mac N Cheese-White bread and vanilla ice cream cups. Those with a pull tab and wooden “spoon”. So I said “y’all had burnt ends Oscar?”

And that’s where we laughed

"...hair netted ladies"... nailed it. :biggrin1:

The last time I had Spam was the morning of an upland bird hunt. Everyone got pretty shined up the night before, and spam and eggs hit the spot.

For some crazy reason this reminds me of Greg Focker.

You can milk anything with nipples!

To be fair, Chuck Roasts make some really good burnt ends if done right. But i agree, anything but beef doesn't sound right using the term "burnt ends"

I have not had spam in more than 30 years.

Now I want to buy some so I can try this.

Now onto the topic of old school cafeteria food, the ladies in my elementary school cafeteria used to make up this sausage and rice thing. The sausage was a very soft, reddish colored one sliced into little disks of wonderfulness.

I forgot about it for a while until about 15 years ago when I came across this exact sausage in a truck stop in Columbia, SC. I bought one, bit into it, and was immediately transported back to my youth where I would enjoy the aforementioned sausage and rice.

I did not think to ask the attendants at the truck stop what brand it was. And that is unfortunate, because I've been searching for it ever since.

Back