SPAM Burnt Ends

If you are just now asking for back up-it might be too late?

"SPAM" burnt ends? how bad could it be?

j/k

in the same vein aren't ALL the vegen "it's just like (insert REAL meat here)? basically the same thing? I'd think that pork butt burnt ends to be more reasonable than "tofu beef-never saw the inside of a cow"

Told y’all the alley was dark.
Backstory. Wife and I were talking about cafeteria ladies at schools we attended. Her grandma was one of these hair netted ladies. She said that one of their frequent menu items was BBQ Wieners-Mac N Cheese-White bread and vanilla ice cream cups. Those with a pull tab and wooden “spoon”. So I said “y’all had burnt ends Oscar?”

And that’s where we laughed

Backstory. Wife and I were talking about cafeteria ladies at schools we attended. Her grandma was one of these hair netted ladies. She said that one of their frequent menu items was BBQ Wieners-Mac N Cheese-White bread and vanilla ice cream cups. Those with a pull tab and wooden “spoon”. So I said “y’all had burnt ends Oscar?”

White bread? Really? Glad I didn’t go to that school. 😀

I had not thought about school cafeteria food in a long time.

thanks, chief. All that rehab down the damn drain.

/shudder. :-D

Sounds like the laides were ahead of their time. Fast forward spiral cut smoke hot dogs. I was waiting to see a loaf of spam sculpted into a packer :-o

Adams, do the burnt ends. I’m already salivating over the thought of a Smokey, salty, sauced up chunk of spam. Wow!

Pretty sure I was served and enjoyed that same school lunch a couple of thousand times. I LOVED the ice cream cups with the wooden spoons. Most of the "old hair netted ladies" were moms and grandmas of my friends. Knew 'em all. Loved 'em all.

I'm off today, I have Spam- God knows I have cookers. This has possibilities. Cubed, dusted, smoked, sauced- what's the worst that could happen. (that's some famous last words, right there)

will report back

I would not expect pictures of the mayhem- stuff hits the internet, it's there forever.

Back