Brisket hot& fast

I didnt get anything from the link, but for myself I would not advertise brisket unless I had at least four hours spare time.

I didnt get anything from the link, but for myself I would not advertise brisket unless I had at least four hours spare time.

Sorry...highlite….

Holdrege, NE ·

Grand Champions and that’s our 50th career GC for Clark Crew BBQand one we will damn sure never forget. Some alarm issues this morning and I overslept BIG TIME!!!Needless to say Brisket was rolling at 530deg for a while done in 3hrs 20 minutes ....next level ****, I wouldn’t try that if it wasn’t a Snake River Farms Coopdog had to get up and help and he was a huge help. We had fun still. Needless to say, I was extremely mad at myself but I didn’t quit, I just figured it out. I’d also like to thank Jamie Geer for the most universal pit in the world.
Thanks to Kimberly and the girls for getting me loaded to roll out after getting home Wednesday night from Minneapolis....not bad for a 1 day turnaround.
5th Chicken
3rd Ribs
11th Pork (Couldn’t take the heat like Brisket could)
1st Brisket
1st Place Overall Grand Champion

I've been cooking everything hot and fast since thanks giving. Turkey read done. Pulled it- checked again and it wasn't ready. Guests were here. Cranked the smoker to 500 and let it rip. It was some of the best turkey ever.

Nowadays I cook at 400. If it falls to 350 it's ok but I like 400. Ribs come out super tender even not wrapped. Chicken the same.

I don't do brisket but I did buy brisket for stew meat yesterday and decided to cut the point out to smoke. I'll try that today at 400 and see how it goes.

Greg blonder of food science says high heat cooking doesn't dry chicken out as much because the moisture doesn't have time to evaporate before the chicken gets to the cooled temp. I've found it to be the same for ribs and other meats in general

Interesting. I will have to try that when I get the Open Range out in August.

I've been cooking everything hot and fast since thanks giving. Turkey read done. Pulled it- checked again and it wasn't ready. Guests were here. Cranked the smoker to 500 and let it rip. It was some of the best turkey ever.

Nowadays I cook at 400. If it falls to 350 it's ok but I like 400. Ribs come out super tender even not wrapped. Chicken the same.

I don't do brisket but I did buy brisket for stew meat yesterday and decided to cut the point out to smoke. I'll try that today at 400 and see how it goes.

Greg blonder of food science says high heat cooking doesn't dry chicken out as much because the moisture doesn't have time to evaporate before the chicken gets to the cooled temp. I've found it to be the same for ribs and other meats in general
It'll be good. I've done a couple at 375-400. Just be ready because it'll be done quick. Whole packer takes 3.5-4 hours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It came out great. I wasn't surprised. 400 degrees for two hours in the smoker then the rain came so I brought it in, wrapped it in foil and set the oven to 400.

It probed like butter about 1.5 hours later and temp was showing 203. It literally almost felt like there was nothing in the foil when I probed it. Like probing into water.

Mouth feel was amazing. Had a gummy, gelatinous feel.

Would be a sure fire winner at a get together.

What I like about hot and fast is the maillard reaction is very strong, the fat dripping into the pan really imeat and adds another layer of flavor, and the food is cooked in no time at all.

Oh and this was a cheap, unrated,Walmart brisket

So, at 375 to 400*, do you guys wrap?
Yep. About 2 hours in. Your cooker may require wrapping sooner or later but you better check around 1.5 hours. I prefer butcher paper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back