You're All Invited to The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-26-2019!

Shelly and I had a great time yesterday at the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash in Benton Lake TX. We made it a day trip this Fall.
A big thanks to Paul for making it happen!!
We got to see some old friends and made a few new ones. Sako, Andy, Bubba and Robert thanks for making it to the Texas Fall Bash!
We missed those of our fellow Brethren this Fall that could not be there.
We understand that family events come up and sometimes the schedules just don't work out.
But I sure hope all of you will come see us at the 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash!!
:mrgreen:

Good Stuff. Good Foods. I caught a bit of Sunburn on my Redneck n Face. Always Cool to Meet New Brethren. Thanks for the Swords Sako.

Sako - Yall hit another BBQ Joint today.?

Sako, Bubba n me went down to Black's in Lockhart. Then down to San Antonio. Currently enjoying some Margaritas by the river walk.

Sako, Bubba n me went down to Black's in Lockhart. Then down to San Antonio. Currently enjoying some Margaritas by the river walk.

Sako, you gotta come Again and bring GTR and Hopefully I can take a few days and Hit some More BBQ joints will y’all and Riverwalk, The Alamo, Gun Range - Next Time.

If y’all come to a Spring Bash we can Hit Dallas area Joints and Attractions. Pecan Lodge n others....

Last edited:
I couldn't find this thread; so I started a new one. Then, Paul sent me the link to this thread; so there's a double post unless an admin finds and kills the other one.

The day started a little chilly - in the low 40s - but turned into a beautiful, sunny day with highs in the mid 80s. It was a treat to meet and get to know the attendees a little better.

Thanks to Paul (pjtexas) and Hotch for organizing this get-together and to all the folks who came - from as far as California, Chicago, Arkansas, Louisiana and from many distant and near Texas locations. Thanks also to Jay (Ag76) for letting me share his smoker in my attempt to smoke a butt; (FAIL! Learn from my experience, you just don't have enough time to cook a whole, average sized butt from a raw state.)

I have to leave it to others to post pics.

Thanks again, Hotch, Paul and all who made the effort to come. I had a blast!!!

I only poison people once, unless someone requests to be poisoned a second time.

:biggrin1:

tenor.gif

Well what a Great time! Want to Thank Paul (pjTexas1) and Family for the fine Hospitality they extended Friday night before the Bash. Paul cooked up some Delicious ABTs and Jay brought some serious good steaks. It was quite a feast! So good to Finally meet Brethren Sako and Robert. Sorry we missed you Charles, good move setting this one out. A Shout Out to the Lovely Ladies that were there, Miss Shelly and Miss Slebuss jones for sure! Hotch and Shelly whipped up a Delicious breakfast for everyone within an hour of arriving! Great Fun for all!

So good to see everyone at the Bash. I do not have many pics what with teaching Yankees to cook boudin and such. :razz:

KenInk with Ink Bird graciously donated a Ink Bird IBT 4XS for a prize drawing. The winner was Hotch!

llA67n9.jpg

Thank you Ken and Ink Bird! :thumb:

Last edited:
Nice looking cook, and looks real fun! I gotta get more involved!

Thanks
Greg

I also whipped out a video tonight too...been busy since I got home. Turned out pretty good. It's a beautiful place to fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6vorZTf45I

Dude! Just now seeing this! That is BaDass !!! Being in the "gallery" and watching you do it was Epic! Now seeing the result is Amazing! Thanks Brother! :thumb::thumb::thumb: :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Dude! Just now seeing this! That is BaDass !!! Being in the "gallery" and watching you do it was Epic! Now seeing the result is Amazing! Thanks Brother! :thumb::thumb::thumb: :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Awesome! Glad you liked it. It's a lot more fun that the one I brought last time. I just wish I would have remembered to bring my second pair of goggles, that way someone else could have "rode along" with me. :grin:

Sent some Moon Pie Moonshine to cleanse y'all's palates after possible Malort shots. Wondering if anybody tried it.

Back