Blackstone Burgers on Sourdough Brioche

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
My wife asked if I wanted to go out for dinner this evening, since today is my birthday. I wasn't feeling it and since I really hadn't planned anything for tonite's dinner, went scrounging in the freezer. I've had some store bought premade burger patties in there and it was time to put them to use. Since I also wasn't in the mood for heading to the market for rolls I decided to make my own.

I fed the sourdough starter yesterday after making a dozen biscuits and it was nearly overflowing the Mason jar this morning. I didn't just want simple hamburger rolls, I was in the mood for Brioche, looked up a recipe and got to work.

Dough after the initial rise -

gJCodFp.jpg

Formed into twelve dough balls -

JcWabpI.jpg

After being allowed to rise again -

FRGywlm.jpg

Some plain, some sesame. These are looking real good -

ve75iKX.jpg

1UPC3B7.jpg

They don't have the usual shine of a Brioche as the recipe called for Olive Oil. Next time I make these I'll give them an egg wash brushing. Still good, no matter what.

Out to the Blackstone we go. Some grilled red peppers, the rolls being toasted and the burgers seasoned with Blackstone Whiskey Burger -

FQ4qehd.jpg

wG7CFF0.jpg

Double cheddar cheese stack for me and yeah, I'm being healthy with a side of pineapple and watermelon :razz: -

xUnhRF1.jpg

DJixsrB.jpg

w4FaOk2.jpg

Ya know, for a frozen burger these turned out quite good. No dinner plans, simply put together and the Sourdough Brioche buns were fantastic. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Thanks for checking in on tonite's quickly thrown together dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

Beautiful Burgers
Happy Birthday

Dom, you’re a magician. Ever think about inviting an Okie to supper or lunch…or breakfast? Sorry. Just had for ask. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dom, Happy Birthday!

Always enjoy seeing your baking efforts. Also like the grilled red pepper addition. Will be trying that for sure.

And Thanks for the picture of the wire rack laying on the corner, as a warming rack.
Haven't had my 36" for long, and that is a great idea I will be trying as well.

Bill

Outstanding,,,
The sesame rolls look amazing,,,I gotta give it a go to make some of those,,,

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, much appreciated.

I told my wife "For being lazy and not wanting to go the store for rolls, these were a great alternative"

Her reply: "Yeah, that's the definition of lazy. Making your own hamburger rolls" :tongue:

For those interested in this sourdough recipe, here's the link:

https://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/sourdough-brioche-burger-buns/

-Dom

Back