MAK Group Buy

Well, seeing that I’m holding onto the Weber until I find something else to buy,I am interested. The 2 star is a dream but so $$$.

I’m in, and totally wiling to facilitate! Spoke w/ the guys at MAK and they’re excited to give this a whirl. Should know the “specifics” soon (hopefully tomorrow), but I do know that the more sold the better the discount/deal. Under 10 will be one deal and over 10 will be another deal.

With that said, anyone that is interested in buying a MAK 1 or 2 Star at a discounted price better chime in now as I have never seen MAK do anything like this. They almost never discount, nor do they give things away... so any discount/freebie they toss our way is gonna be a rare opportunity to see any savings at all on this lifetime cooker :)

Thanks for jumping in & helping Out! I figured I would try to recruit you with all of your experience with MAK
Thanks

I'm interested in a 1 Star as I don't like the gas grill look of the others. IF the price is right! I could sell the other 2 pellet grills if the Mak is really all it's supposed to be.
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It would be very cool if they made a BBQ Brethren edition with a "Fear the Pig" logo or cover. Maybe if they offered a run of twenty smokers with some free extras like a full size upper rack, searing grate, cover, etc. Even if they offered discounted freight for Brethren members they would see some additional sales and they get lots of great press here.

Just a thought...

Isn't free shipping standard?

From the Mak site.
60f51ad41e4b109bf99b4fa75435674f.jpg

It would be very cool if they made a BBQ Brethren edition with a "Fear the Pig" logo or cover. Maybe if they offered a run of twenty smokers with some free extras like a full size upper rack, searing grate, cover, etc. Even if they offered discounted freight for Brethren members they would see some additional sales and they get lots of great press here.

Just a thought...

Isn't free shipping standard?

Yep, free shipping and no tax. That’s a big deal.

Love the “special edition” idea!! I’ll mention it tomorrow and see what they think. Can’t hurt to ask :)

A couple of years ago a fellow MAK owner was asking if anyone knew of a high temp vinyl that could be purchased, and from that made into a USMC logo, and then placed on the lid of his 2 Star. The owner of MAK happened to see the question and simply commented, “how would you like that laser cut out of steel and bent exactly like the standard hood?” Ummm, yes please!

A week or so later a laser cut logo, bent to perfectly fit on the hood was received from MAK Grills. It was even precise enough to outline the feathers with super thin cuts.

How cool is this?

6c7ed5d521fd1a2b432a763660142e36.jpg

I had to drive to Sacramento or so to pick up mine....

Ain’t no free shipping from my BBQ store buddy. But I do recall there being a free hopper full of pellets! Oh yeah, and I think the cooker even came pre-seasoned. So suck it up butter cup :)

Anyone know the story behind their controller? I've heard their claim to fame is they put out more smoke than any other pellet grill on the market. Is it one of those half PID controllers that allow for more temp swings? Also, why is WiFi $300 extra?

Anyone know the story behind their controller? I've heard their claim to fame is they put out more smoke than any other pellet grill on the market. Is it one of those half PID controllers that allow for more temp swings? Also, why is WiFi $300 extra?

Extra and even though the grill ships from the factory you need to install the unit yourself.

Depending on the discount, I might be able to be coaxed into upgrading to a newer model with some of the features I’ve been longing for.
If you are selling YOUR MAK, please let me know!
Hopefully they sell MAK’s and not MAC’s... lol [emoji12]
No kidding. This Coronavirus is really screwing with Apple. The office bought me a new macbook pro, and it's been delayed with no ETA in sight ) =

Good question. What I do know is that their controller is proprietary to them. It keeps a fairly tight temp range, but does allow for a bit of swing. On the Smoke setting, it swings between 170-190°... and as you go up from there, the swing tightens up. I have cooked on other pellet cookers, and I have yet to see one that smokes like the MAK. I do know that maximum smoke production was a top priority at the inception of MAK Grills, and 10 years later nothing seems to have changed. As far as charging extra for the WiFi module, I don’t have the reasoning behind that. I suppose they could include it, but my guess is that base price would change. No denying that MAK Grills are not cheap... and are definitely not for everyone. Heck, I sold a backyard full of cookers to fund my first 2 Star. That said, I look at grills/smokers like this as more of an investment than a purchase. Cookers manufactured at this level will probably outlive you and me.

If you are selling YOUR MAK, please let me know!

No kidding. This Coronavirus is really screwing with Apple. The office bought me a new macbook pro, and it's been delayed with no ETA in sight ) =

Wowsers... yeah, this virus sure has half the world scared to death. The first case was just reported in my area... and of course the evening news is blowing the story through the roof. Better wipe that MacBook down with bleach wipes when it eventually arrives.

Very interested in a 1 Star, depending on discount, could be interested in a 2 Star. Please add me to the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an idea that might make them sweeten the deal...if everyone in the purchasing group committed to one social media post per month for a year (cross-posted on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook), we would essentially create an influencer marketing program for them. We would all become MAK brand ambassadors during a time when companies like Weber and Treager are spending a ton on advertising. They need help with their advertising and something like this could go a long way in doing that for them.

To do this. The purchasing group would need to provide their numbers of followers across all networks to show what the impact would be.

Depending on our numbers, could easily justify an additional 20% discount.

If you a guys all agree, I could help put this story together (I lead Advertising for a large Fortune 500 company).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, Debbie Downer here, So you get a group of BBQ'ers getting a "special deal" then you advertise how special you are across social media then you get all the other "special groups" wanting their "special deals" and MAK having to add a "special deals" dept. with "special deal" options and Mak going "crap why did we start this"?

If you do end up getting a "special deal" I would suggest just grabbing it and silently disappear to your cooking area.
Ed

Back