View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #13
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
I just bought the RT600C Super-Fast Waterproof Pocket Thermometer, from thermoworks. 58 to 302F in 6 Seconds. We did a group buy at work. Buy 5 and they are $15 each. Rated #1 on Americas test kitchen TV show, for low cost thermometers. Couldn't get myself to pay the price for the thermapen.

I also just purchaed the pitmaster IQ 110 controller. Going to try it out on some spared this weekend.

I already have Maverick ET-732. It works great.
what he said. I've been saying this for a while... but I don't understand buying a Thermapen. The RT600C is great... at almost 1/4 of the price of a Thermapen. I don't get to argue about which Thermapen color is the best or fastest, but I can live with that.

I have a Maverick ET-7 and an ET-73. The range on them did not impress initially, until I did the extended range mod by soldering in antennas for each unit. The range is now beautiful and I can monitor temps on my UDS or other grills anywhere in the house (2 storeys, brick walls). I am using my orginal probes which have seen about 4years of moderate use (about once a week).

I think many folks have screwed in an Old Smokey type thermometer into the lid or even dropped a turkey thermometer in through a top vent to get grate temps.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote