My last bag of B&B 100% Oak

I did not know they had changed it and will check out what I have , thanks .

I'm trying something new to me this weekend- B+B Competition Char Logs.

Saw some youtube videos about how good the stuff is so I ordered a 30# bag through Ace Hardware for $20 since I don't have an Academy near me for $15.

Anybody have an opinion on it?

Can you share those videos? Interested to see these logs in action, wondering if they would be good for a cabinet smoker.

I feel your pain, Adams.

I have 5-6 bags of Weber briquettes left. I cry a little every time I open a bag, knowing I can't replace them.

Weber briquettes quite plentiful this year where I live in Canada. The price has gone up $2-$3 a bag this year.

Can you share those videos? Interested to see these logs in action, wondering if they would be good for a cabinet smoker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyukf0mZfGM

This one goes a little more in depth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQqmtE7NCI

I tried it on two different grill cooks over the holiday and I Like it for longer burning but it is slower to start/light in a chimney than briqs.

Overall, I'll buy it again for it's longer burn but will mix it with cheap briqs on the bottom of my chimney for a quicker start.

Speaking of those CHEAP briqs, today is the last day of the Ridge charcoal sale at Lowes....16 pound bag for $6.

Yesterday when I went to my local Lowes I checked online for inventory and they had 56 bags. I went down and bought 4. This morning I checked again online and they're down to 6 bags. They worked fine.

......Has been opened. I have other B&B coals, XL- Hickory-Charlogs but right after buying 20@10# bags of B&B Oak lump the label changed to Oak Blend. I'm still a long way out, at least 2023 from buying coals but it's kind of sad when you get to the end of anything. I mean look at this beautiful oak lump. This is the top of the bag and if like the other bags it will look the same on last pour. Time marches on

had same problem when they quit making STUBS at that time B&B was not avalable in my area had bought all that lowes had still kept last bag for keepsake

Impressed with what I saw in those char-log test videos. I think I´ll be buying some. I thought they were bigger and might not fit in grate in my RF smoker but looks like these should work really well in there.

How far do you live from the Canadian border?

Too far unfortunately. I live in south central Pennsylvania.

Glad to hear it’s still around. Maybe it will show back up in the States.

I thought Weber had stopped making it.

Back