My last bag of B&B 100% Oak

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
......Has been opened. I have other B&B coals, XL- Hickory-Charlogs but right after buying 20@10# bags of B&B Oak lump the label changed to Oak Blend. I'm still a long way out, at least 2023 from buying coals but it's kind of sad when you get to the end of anything. I mean look at this beautiful oak lump. This is the top of the bag and if like the other bags it will look the same on last pour. Time marches on

Last edited:
I feel your pain, Adams.

I have 5-6 bags of Weber briquettes left. I cry a little every time I open a bag, knowing I can't replace them.

I feel your pain, Adams.

I have 5-6 bags of Weber briquettes left. I cry a little every time I open a bag, knowing I can't replace them.

It's an odd part of our hobby. Going from something you really like to something that's pretty close.

I'm trying something new to me this weekend- B+B Competition Char Logs.

Saw some youtube videos about how good the stuff is so I ordered a 30# bag through Ace Hardware for $20 since I don't have an Academy near me for $15.

Anybody have an opinion on it?

I'm trying something new to me this weekend- B+B Competition Char Logs.

Saw some youtube videos about how good the stuff is so I ordered a 30# bag through Ace Hardware for $20 since I don't have an Academy near me for $15.

Anybody have an opinion on it?

I like it. I don't use it as often as others but never been disappointed. Burns clean, lasts a long time. I have two bags cached right now.

I have a few bags of the new B&B oak blend and I don't see a problem with it. I have noticed any off smell or any other differences.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I've been trying to find B&B and I don't think anyone around me carries the briquettes or lump.

If you have an Ace Hardware close you can order online for free store pickup. That's what I do.

I've been trying to find B&B and I don't think anyone around me carries the briquettes or lump.

I like it. I don't use it as often as others but never been disappointed. Burns clean, lasts a long time. I have two bags cached right now.

Those are the two main points the videos concluded. I like the long burn for grilling multiple meats as I always seem to do these days.

My thought is if your going to light a fire, may as well raid the freezer and take advantage of it and do several dinners or lunches at once for the week.

If I use the cheap stuff, I have to add some more on top toward the end of the cook to finish the last items.

If you have an Ace Hardware close you can order online for free store pickup. That's what I do.

Yep....me too. My close store didn't have the logs in stock so I ordered ahead a couple days to give it time to arrive.

They have quite the selection of other brands, too.

Luckily I have not noticed any difference in the new "oak blend" vs the old 100% oak. If anything I have noticed less small pieces in the newer bags. But that could be random difference between bags.
Overall I have been satisfied.

I use the B&B oak for the majority of cooks also. I like it a lot, although I don't think I used the 100% oak.

I usually buy my charcoal from ACE online and have it delivered to me. It's free if it's over $50 from the local store. Good option for guys that have bum legs and can't drive currently.

I have a few bags of the new B&B oak blend and I don't see a problem with it. I have noticed any off smell or any other differences.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have had a run of bad luck on the last 2 bags of blends. Some odd smells and some irregularity to size and more ash. Pretty bummed about it as I loved the OAK before the “blend”. I am back to FOGO now.

I have had a run of bad luck on the last 2 bags of blends. Some odd smells and some irregularity to size and more ash. Pretty bummed about it as I loved the OAK before the “blend”. I am back to FOGO now.

Do you shop at Ace Hardware or somewhere else? Just checking for local options for good coals.

Do you shop at Ace Hardware or somewhere else? Just checking for local options for good coals.

My Local ACE. Always top notch for years on lump regardless of brand. I was hoping it was a fluke so I bought another one. Same results. It definitely smells burns and performs different than it used too..At least here for me anyways the last 6 months. I have another buddy who says he doesn’t mind it. Maybe I am too picky

Back