View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 09:18 PM   #4
ynotfehc
Full Fledged Farker

First thing in deciding equipment and setup is determining menu and how you want your flow. I went with a fully enclosed trailer but 3 large screened in awning windows on the back around the smoker, and 1 concession window. Customer orders at the window and I can usually have it dished up by the time they are done paying and have their drink if ordered, otherwise I would like to have 2 windows if I was doing larger events with 300+ covers for faster service.
I have a cto-dw and really like it. It's big enough to do a lot of meat but efficient enough to do smaller cooks too. It has a gas assist, but I use it only for starting the fire.
I would go everything possible propane rather than electric. Generators can be loud or expensive, and its a pain to refuel them in the middle of service. I've heard of more than a few food trucks and trailers exploding this year, because they were refueling while generator was running. I think I have pics posted of the interior of my trailer on my Facebook page, pig approved bbq, feel free to take a look.
ynotfehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->