TheBBQJew From Upstate NY

TheBBQJew

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey guys! This is my first post. I’ve been lurking here for a while reading threads and gathering knowledge. I’ve been a BBQ lover for a very long time. I’ve dabbled in cooking BBQ over the years with my WSM and very much enjoy it. Just moved to Northern NY and it’s severely lacking in BBQ or any good food if you want to be honest so I decided to get serious about BBQ. We have so much maple 🍁 up here so that will likely be my wood of choice. We also have a lot of apple 🍎 orchards so I want to use some apple when I can get it. I’m going to set up a charcoal cooker and make my own lump. I pay $285 for a cord of maple to heat my house so stealing some from the wood pile to make lump will be cheap.

I ordered a Kamado Joe which just arrived today! It fits my need to do a variety of different cooking styles. Bought a packer brisket at Sams and I’m going to smoke it on Sunday. :clap2:

Looking forward to sharing this experience with you guys!

P.S. Never met another Jew that BBQ’s so I’m here to represent! :biggrin1: No I love pork to much to be kosher! :tsk:

They do a kosher bbq competition here in a suburb of KC every year, so you aren't the only one :thumb: welcome aboard.

Are we talking upstate new york as in Westchester or upstate NY as in Watertown? :) I am from the finger lakes area (town too small for anyone to know but think Auburn/Ithaca/Cortland area.

Good to meet you!

Welcome! You should check out Adam aka thisjewcanque on Instagram or his other social media pages. Awesome guy and tons of mouth watering pics

Thanks for the welcome! I’ll check out Adams page on instagram! I’m in the Adirondack high peak area in the park. I’m familiar with Ithaca. I have some family there. If you want the most amazing porterhouse I suggest checking out the John Thomas Steak House in Ithaca. Best steak I’ve ever eaten!

Back