Worknight Taco "Quickie"

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Usually my taco shindig takes at least two days to handle everything prep, marination, sides etc. all from scratch. I craved some tacos though so I cheated today. Went to my favorite taqueria by work, bought tortillas and got some house salsas, then went to Ralphs(Kroger) for the protein and the rest of the stuff.

I found some nice flap meat and a seasoned tenderloin also caught my eye. Grabbed that also for my pork fix.

5N0kfxHh.jpg

Seasoned the beef by making a quick carne asada rub with what I have in my cupboards and I have most everything needed

dasgS8oh.jpg

Butterflied, tweaked the already seasoned t-loin with a few extra spices and gave it a dust of SM Cherry to replicate the sweetness a pineapple otherwise gives al pastor pork

We9etJyh.jpg

Blackened the pork first on the retrofit BS for the al pastor effect

PLBppcxh.jpg

Beef went on next

HSp4qxHh.jpg

Beef ready

QY8yvHlh.jpg

Couldn't resist a piece :hungry:

3HZvYq9h.jpg

Pork also cooked perfect

QE5c6FWh.jpg

Time to dress 'em up

QBUmsroh.jpg

Onions and cilantro

NXFu4fph.jpg

The salsas from my favorite taqueria I brought home

j5SNWcnh.jpg

Plated

yM0pt7Oh.jpg

Time to take bite

wo4Av4Kh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I can only Imagine what that tastes like, looks delicious

If those are what you make "cheating" I can't imagine how good they would be if you didn't cheat. Delicious looking dinner for sure Sako.

Nice cheat, I have been on a taco binge lately and now I want more

Oh, yes please!

Great thought about the SM Cherry for the Al Pastor effect.... I would've never thought of that! Grub looks fantastic, and I'm rather jealous that you have the ability to "cheat" like that.

Nice job on the tacos, Sako!

I've been meaning to tell you that you should think about eating them more often...

:mrgreen:

That's still more effort than I put into my tacos. Nicely done. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nice cheat, I have been on a taco binge lately and now I want more

Binge is right. I had it Saturday twice, Monday, yesterday one for lunch and obviously for dinner. :loco:

Nice job on the tacos, Sako!

I've been meaning to tell you that you should think about eating them more often...

:mrgreen:

Tell me about it.:becky: If I continue I need a taco intervention. :biggrin1:

Taco and quickie in the same sentence I just had to look... Glad I did even though it could have had another meaning. Nice work Sako.

Back