"Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – on a sesame seed bun."

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Big Mac if you didn't guess. :-D

A few night ago I hung out with some old friends and after some beers I had the munchies. Went for In N Out and they were closed even though it was only 1:23AM. They're not supposed to close until 1:30AM. :mad2:

Plan B, the taco truck. Drive out to the truck and they're not there. WTF??? figure it's a weeknight so I say fine and about head home then I see the Golden Arches. :nod:

580x326

Mind you I gave up McD's about 2002 (no particular reason btw but trying to eat healthy/better) and didn't have it until 2010 when a friend brought lunch and I wasn't going to say no. That was that and fast forward to this week when I relapsed and hot damn that Big Mac tasted soooooo good.

So tonight I recreated the Big Mac at home starting with...

The special sauce

gxxVnqih.jpg

Tri Tip

wjjpT3nh.jpg

Freshly ground

0d5XFhZh.jpg

A biotch to form thin patties so I improvised :becky:

xkxmn6Zh.jpg

Toasted the buns

jYAYc3xh.jpg

sdxA9B6h.jpg

Patties on the griddle

NPd7ZD2h.jpg

In the meantime I started the assembly process on the bottom bun with..

Special sauce

uXBt6vBh.jpg

Minced onions

AtHvofth.jpg

Shredded lettuce

SlnKAU0h.jpg

American cheese

7UlAafRh.jpg

Same thing with the middle buns with the addition of two pickle slices

sjMZSnwh.jpg

Fully assembled with the patties in place

WKvAIuDh.jpg

Yeah babe! Homemade Big Mac

wdpMnceh.jpg

Oh my!! :shocked: Sooo farking good and flavors were spot on

oNRY0BTh.jpg

KIvB5hZh.jpg

More special sauce and onions please

qJznaJih.jpg

Just in case you're wondering about fries...Well, they're French so no place for them on this plate. :nod: Side of good ol' Michigan beer will do. Thanks for looking!!!

450990.png

Last edited:
If I ever get the urge to Eat Macka's I know who to hit up.:becky:

That looks awfully good. Ketchup, (siracha?), mayo and relish??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dang Sako I'd have one or two of those for breakfast!

I try to limit my exposure to the mustard, the salute is 2 hands straight up in the air. :)

Better than a Big Mac if you ask me. And to top it off, I'll bet their were no clueless teenagers in sight, which is a staple behind the counters at any fast food restaurant.

Dude!

I haven't had a Big Mac in years, but I'd be on that one like stink on a monkey!!!

I've got McD's half mile either direction. Only thing is buy us coffee. It's really really good. May have to break Dow and go Big Mac and Family Fries- awesome burger.

Haven't eaten at a McD's since probably the late 90's or any other fast-food restaurant for that matter.

That Burger looks like $$$$. :thumb:

It's 7:00am and now I'm craving a Hop Slam. :shocked:

Thanks Sako, thanks a lot!!!

I don't have a Hop Slam but I wonder if a DFH 90 Minute would suffice :roll:

Lovin the Hop Slam!:thumb::thumb::clap::clap:That beer disappears up here by the 1st of February! A few more Hop Slams and you'll be sleeping :biggrin::lol::lol:

How you could mention In N Out and McDonald's in the same thread? Shameful..... :p

BUT...your burger looked super and I know was better than the real thing. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for Sharing...That looks AWESOME especially for that early in the morning!!! Great Job!

Only stop at McD's during runs to TN (pit stop and coffee refills with an occassional side of fries).

Great lookin' Big Sako there!

Back