17lb brisket!

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I know nothing special to most but damn this the biggest brisket I have ever gotten and my kamado is not going to be able to fit it. I have to fire my 22.5" WSM for this one and I had to buy charcoal briquettes as I don't have any. I always buy lump. This is going to be fun. Trying to get my buddy to stay for beer and brisket and an all night cook. I am trying to get him into bbq and outdoor cooking. I even sprung for a Blackstone griddle table top for a house warming gift. One of my best friend's so you know got to convince him of the power of bbq. He likes beer and eating so I am just saying match made in heaven. Now just to use the lure of beer and brisket to convince him of the power of bbq. Yes I really am this farking nuts!:loco:

Love me a BIG brisket. I once cooked a 25lb Wagyu in a Sam's Club comp in Pittsburgh. Best part of cooking a monster like that.....leftovers....for days.

It's been 12 hours, time for an update

(or are you still goofing off in Comp trying to start a Rusty beat-down with Dan :p)

Not sure how to post pics with an android phone. It's hitting 200 but you know not probe tender yet.

Besides nobody likes brisket around here anyways right? ;)

I guess I can try and figure it out and get some pics.

It worked but a little bit large of a pic. Apparently have to take picture and upload it at the same time. Sorry if the pic is huge.

Would you believe it is a select brisket? I had a choice brisket last time both from Wal-Mart and the select brisket IMO is a better cut of meat.

I ran out of foil so parchment paper will have to do. Probably should always have an extra roll of foil but you know sometimes you just got to improvise a little.

Starting to probe tender little bit longer I think as some of the flat still seems tight.

Oh Rusty, what will we do!

I am just saying this particular one is better than the choice one I bought last time. I mean honestly they packed fat in the cyro that wasn't even attached and I don't think it came from the same cut of meat. This one is strangely awesome IMO compared to the last one. Maybe mislabeled?

Some burnt ends in progress. Second pan full is on the lower cooking grate. Point is so large compared to what I am use to that I actually needed a second half pan. I am hoping this may be the best brisket I ever have cooked. So far so good. The flat is resting and hopefully it slices nice once it's done resting.

Attachments

• 1460309370974.jpg
    1460309370974.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 137
Nice bark on the burnt ends.

The thing is done resting, start slicing, I'm hungry damn you :hungry:

I will be honest I couldn't get the phone to work and I got pissed off and ate it. Sorry man but it was pretty good lol. Then I fell asleep for well awhile. Next time more pics.

Back