Ever cooked a whole gator....

55Drum

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Found this on another site....

496552d1422974995-nothing-like-fresh-gator-tail-image.jpg

Guess there's no size limit? Seems fairly small to be killing to eat.

That has to be horribly nasty to eat; the fat in the alligator is removed because it taints the meat similar to the scent glands on a deer. This is why the preferred method of cooking is to deep fry it. I guess if the gator was small and lean enough it would be ok, but I wouldn’t try it.

Check any weekend at an LSU tailgate football game. Lots of gator cooked in many different ways. Blackened gator is my favorite.

I'm a tail man , myself!!! Back legs are good for sausage, I'm told... but I'm with Ty, no head or feet please:confused::confused:

Looks horrible - I've had tail meat - very good. I've heard ribs are good but haven't tried it. I just would loose appetite over that. For my Cajun Brethren to weigh in on that is appreciated.

That don't even look appetizing, never could understand leaving heads on critters (except crawfish of course)
i feel the same way about the head.if i ever was to do a whole hog it would not be looking at me while i was cooking it.lol

The one time I had gator served in a bbq restaurant, I didn't care for it. But it could just be that it wasn't well made, so I would give it another try. It does look good In Phubar's Pitt Boys video, and I like the stuffing they used. I'd definitely hit that red snapper, fried oysters, and fried crawfish. All looks delicious.

Taint no different from a pig head during a roast.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMRrySQQ5z0"]LSU Fans grillin' gator - YouTube[/ame]

Another thing is the best meat for frying is the jaw meat but we clean it out and not cook the whole head :becky:

Back