• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

beef tenderloin,smoked or grilled

OUT OF ORDER

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
ok guys i have never cooked a beef tenderloin and am thinking of making some beef tenderloin sliders for thr superbowl and need help on cooking methods or best way to do this cut of meat. thanks in advance for any answers

I can't speak to the smoking side of a beef tenderloin but I did just grill one last week that turned out great. I used an old school recipe of:
1 cup Soy sauce
1/2 Cup Brandy
2 Tbs Worcester Sauce
2 Tbs Minced fresh Ginger
1/4 Olive Oil
3 Gloves Garlic Minced
Couple Dashes of Hot Sauce

Mix all together and marinate overnight. Served with a horseradish sauce and everyone seemed to love it. Hope this helps!

thanks jersey and thats kinda what i was worried about grant thanks for the help

Both. :becky:

I prefer to cut a tenderloin into steaks, but when I have done a whole one I cooked it at lower temps (probably 225 - 240, but it's been a while) until it was 115 or so internal and then seared the outside on a hot grill until it was 125 internal.

I kept it simple on the last beef tenderloin I cooked. I prepped and rubbed it down the night before and wrapped it in plastic. I set my grill up with the coals banked to one side and seared the loin by rotating it a quarter for about 5 min a side. Then I put it on the cool side and insert a probe. I take it off when it hits 130 and wrap it in foil. Depending on how it looks during the cook I might rotate the loin so one side does not face the heat too long. I let it rest 20 to 30 minutes then slice it to order.
Last time I had one moron ask me to put his slice back on the grill until there was no more “red” in it.

Sear 5 minutes/side over coals, cook indirect to 130. My kettle temp is around 450-500 degrees.

Back