Opening weekend 2010

Smokey Al Gold

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Here's a few pics from opening weekend at my ranch that I thought I'd share. We roasted a pig saturday in a caja china like box. It turned out very very good but no smoke flavor. We don't have a big smoker so this was a great alternative. It was fun to do and my uncle got the pig and ordered the injection and marinade online he said. When I got there I was suprised to see what it was he ordered. Maybe you guys will recognize it. We did the pork soak overnight and the injection. Good stuff! :thumb: This was a wild pig around 30lbs and it cooked fast. Maybe 2 hrs total. We had fun and killed a spike, 7ptr. and brain cells. Good times.

ranch007.jpg

ranch010.jpg

ranch012.jpg

ranch031.jpg

ranch029.jpg

ranch037.jpg

ranch041.jpg

ranch046.jpg

ranch015.jpg

ranch022.jpg

ranch019.jpg

I'm hating you a little right now! I didn't even buy a license this year, because I knew I wouldn't have time.

I'd try a goat in that barrel next time:becky::becky::becky: Assuming it ever gets cold!

Dang it Al, wish I lived closer! Looks like a great time....you even had crown and a campfire. My favorites! :becky:
Thanks for the pics, and congratulations on the spike and 7 pointer too. :cool:

Odd, I saw no foil hats...Still, a good looking pig roast. I am hoping to get a pig to roast soon myself.

Al, yep a 7 pound bag of Julios and some chips every trip..if they make it down to Del Rio, that is. Otherwise, it'll be a couple of shakers and some chips.

Back