Smoked Bananas?

4dueces

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone ever smoked bananas? No, not that way. I've been hearing a commercial for Dole bananas that are smoked on the grill. Supposedly you smoke them until the peel is brown, peel'm, cut into small chucks and top with ice cream, chocolate syrup or your favorite topping such as strawberry or blackberry jam? Anyone tried this? :confused:

Mahalos for the links.. I was just looking for what i was going to make for dessert for tonight..best part is i don't even to go to the store.. got them right in my back yard...

Did somebody say nanners?:becky:

IMG_0622.jpg

I'm with RDO.. can you give us the run down on those there nanners of yours... they sure look good...

@the nanner lovers:

-make a slit in the length of the nanner

-fill it with a bit of:butter,70-80% cacao chocolate (the very dark ones),raspberries/blackberries/red currant

-also add a few drops of dark rum...I prefer Stroh rum 80% alc.

Cook them till the peel gets black,banana is mushy and when the chocolate is melted...on direct or indirect heat.

Serve with vanilla icecream with a bit of shredded mint leaves and a few drops of rum on top.

@the nanner lovers:

-make a slit in the length of the nanner

-fill it with a bit of:butter,70-80% cacao chocolate (the very dark ones),raspberries/blackberries/red currant

-also add a few drops of dark rum...I prefer Stroh rum 80% alc.

Cook them till the peel gets black,banana is mushy and when the chocolate is melted...on direct or indirect heat.

Serve with vanilla icecream with a bit of shredded mint leaves and a few drops of rum on top.

Man, that is over the hill!!!! Never mined the pork ribs... this is my next cook...

Believe me Hilo...you're gonna make some Phriends with these!:cool:
Remember...icecream and warm nanner is the base of this good recipe.:becky:

Back