Montana Eggfest

MTHank

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Info on "Eggfest" needed... I got wind that there is to be an "Eggfest" in Missoula Montana in August. It is a couple of hours drive south of me. What exactly goes on at an "Eggfest?? " Would it be worth the 2 hour drive?? And is this a spectator thing or is this like a comp? I also hear they have some pretty good deals on "Egg's" and Egg "Stuff".

Anyway I would really like to hear from anyone who knows about these gatherings...

Thanx...

Hi Hank If you are interested in Eggs I think I would check it out. I have not been to one but pictures from them look interesting.

An Eggfest is not a Comp, it is just where cooks get together and cook up whatever they want and pass out samples. It is a good place to check out what people do on the Eggs. As far as a 2 hour drive it depends your on interest, if want to see Eggs in action it can be beneficial. It is a nice way to kill a day, I will say, that to me some of these Egg heads are a bit stuck on themselves. Some really are not Pitmasters. But know their Eggs.

I would get a hotel and make a day trip if you could!

Link http://www.montanaeggfest.com/

To add to that, I have heard that they sell the eggs that are used at the event at a good price. Seem to remember like 700. But I believe you got to be ready to buy.

Two hours for some good food and you might learn something, I might do it.

I think the one last year was in August. I didn't see a banner for it on the Egg forum....

Jump down to my post from today called "My first eggfest was a blast". I have some pictures and insight to one this weekend.

I cooked at last years fest in Missoula last year and got a deal on a large. Fellow Brethren Animosity did the same. If you are thinking about getting a BGE, this is the time to do it.
Last year was the first year and the sponsor (the Axman) did a good job of putting it together. Time constraints make it more of a grillfest than smoking meats, but a great time. There was a guy next to me last year that was a pizza guru and i learned a lot from him.

Paul

It was a blast. Granted I live a lot closer to Missoula than you do.
But I also packed up my own egg and hauled it down there for use.
You get to meets lots of nice people and get some cool ideas for cooking on the egg.
Well worth the time and money I think.

Back