View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 05:00 AM   #247
Rusty Kettle
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you with the face!

17 pages.... LMAO.

I don't get it.

Cook on a stickburner if you like. Cook with whatever you want.
Cook with electric or gas or pellets or charcoal or wood. Who really cares? Different people have different situations and different needs. At the end of the day does it really matter? As long as you have a good time and have a cold beer and have thin blue smoke does it matter?

I have always wanted a stickburner. I would love to spend hours tending a fire. Imo it looks to be an art. I have dreamed of owning a reverse flow off set for years.

The thing is that I am a Yankee in the North and it gets cold. A pit in my price range is not going to hold heat well enough. Its going to be a struggle.

Sourcing wood around here would be a pain. Storing wood is the hard part imo. We rebuilt a termite damaged house. Wood would attract them back. Not something I am willing to do. I have got too much into our home to take a risk for food.

An insulated cabinet smoker fits my needs perfectly. Charcoal is easy to store. Wood chunks are easy to store. My cooker is very fuel efficient and has a small foot print but has a huge amount of cooking space. I don't have to baby sit it. I have two kids, a 4 year old and a 2 year old. It runs itself if I get up before the kids wake up I can cook when my wife is at work.

A stick burner in my situation would be idiotic. I can't dedicate the time and money and storage space for one. I don't have room for a wood pile.

I need a set it and forget it cooker. I don't want to have to use a guru. I want large cooking space but a small foot print. I want to be able to cook all day but dedicate myself to being involved in my kids' lives.

Right now my 270 Sumo fits the bill. Bonus is it cooks faster. I can get up at 2am instead of 11pm the day before. It significantly cuts down on cook time. I get a bit of extra sleep, cook great bbq, and I get to be involved in my kids lives.

A stickburner doesn't allow me the time I need. A cabinet does. A stickburner imo is for when I retire.

I don't have a clue if a stickburner puts out better food. My 270 puts out good food and fits my life.

If a stickburner puts out better food then I am going to need super strech pants when I retire.

Whole point is cook on what works for you. As long as you have fun then its all good.
Rusty Kettle is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->