View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 02:36 PM   #26
LYU370
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
Can't recommend any BBQ in these places, but once you are to Chicago, hit a Portillo's for Chicago dogs and Italian Beef. Ambrosia.
Portillo's is a pretty good representation of Chicago Dogs & Beef. Started as a small place on the south side of the city I think, back in the 60's.

For some local hot dog places, try some of the following that have been around for ages, but please don't say "drag it through the garden", they'll know you're from out of town.

Mustard's Last Stand, right next to Dykes Stadium but it's been renamed, sorry don't know the new name of the stadium. I used to work right next door back in the mid 80's, we used to go there all the time. Poochie's on Dempster in Skokie, Fluky's on Touhy in Niles, Wolfy's on Peterson in Chicago.

Bit further from Northwestern, ya gotta try Super Dawg Drive In, as they say, it's not a hot dog, it's a Super Dawg. Two locations, both on Milwaukee Ave. One in Chicago and a new one in Wheeling, right next to Bob Chin's Crab House which is SO GOOD!!! Fresh seafood flown in daily, garlic rolls are insane, will keep all vampires away.

And on the way back to ORD for your flight back, leave early and stop at Gene & Jude's in River Grove for an original Chicago Depression Dog. Be advised, there are no seats inside, you eat in your car and no ketchup on the premises.

Enjoy your trip & post some updates along the way!

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->