Buying a new Smoker???

Will350z

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Ok Guys, I am thinking about buying a new smoker, since I moved back to California (I had to Leave my Bandera at my brothers back in Texas).

The grill is great, but I'm tired of grillin and need to do some smokin!

I know there's the standard fare of smokers at Lowes/Home Depot which are ok, but I am looking for something similar to the Hondo model (B/C CA homes and backyards are cramped) out here in So Cal, just wondering on price/availability/Quality, smokers I should avoid or one's that are just all around good?

I still use my small offset smoker that I got from home depot 4 years ago. It makes a good grill too. Thats what I mostly use it for. To use it as a smoker you will need to make some modifications to it.

If you have the room and want an offset. Check out the Bar-B-chef at BBQ Galore. Decent quality and not a bad price. Cramped on space i would say WSM

Ok Guys, I am thinking about buying a new smoker, since I moved back to California (I had to Leave my Bandera at my brothers back in Texas).

The grill is great, but I'm tired of grillin and need to do some smokin!

I know there's the standard fare of smokers at Lowes/Home Depot which are ok, but I am looking for something similar to the Hondo model (B/C CA homes and backyards are cramped) out here in So Cal, just wondering on price/availability/Quality, smokers I should avoid or one's that are just all around good?

Are you locked into going with an offset pit?

If you do custom bumpers, would you mind shooting me a PM? I have Ranch Hand bumpers on the Dodge but I'm thinking about possibly doing something custom for the front.

WSM, or roll your sleeves up and go UDS. Get away saturday and join Bentley, BigMista, and? in the great build this weekend. Real good people.

Or if you havent't decided go to the Autry comp. next weekend and meet Brethren and check out the equipment/goods

http://www.autrynationalcenter.org/bbq.php

WSM, or roll your sleeves up and go UDS. Get away saturday and join Bentley, BigMista, and? in the great build this weekend. Real good people.

Or if you havent't decided go to the Autry comp. next weekend and meet Brethren and check out the equipment/goods

http://www.autrynationalcenter.org/bbq.php
Unfortunately I will be tied up with Family stuff this weekend in LA, what exactly did they have planned for the "Great Build"?

I guess one question needs to be asked before we give you more advice. How much you wanting to spend?

Unfortunately I will be tied up with Family stuff this weekend in LA, what exactly did they have planned for the "Great Build"?

We will be building an Ugly Drum Smoker from Scratch. Any are welcome to come watch. Should be a lot of fun!

If you do custom bumpers, would you mind shooting me a PM? I have Ranch Hand bumpers on the Dodge but I'm thinking about possibly doing something custom for the front.

if you do count me in too, am getting ready to do the same and also need some nerf bars/steps

if you do count me in too, am getting ready to do the same and also need some nerf bars/steps
Guys feel free to check out the site, we will make custom stuff but usually in a minimum run of 25 units, that way pricing is good for everyone...

WWW.HBSTEEL.NET

We are in the works of talking with a new frieght shipping company right now and should get everything squared away in a week or two and for you east coasters I feel for ya cause frieght is never cheap..

But if you refer to this site I will surely give you all a discount of some sort, we also do military discounts.

Back