• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Backwoods Fatboy vs Humphrey Battlebox

BoudreauxBBQ

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for any advice on these smokers!

I am looking at these two smokers for competitions. Mainly, I’ll just cooking brisket or ribs on it. As far as quality goes, I know the backwoods has a permanent water pan, 2” insulation and weighs 340 pounds.

I’m not quite sure on the Humphreys but it has a lot of hype. Any advice or reviews of the two in regards of quality / completion cooking?

humphreys are great smokers. i have cooked on both of them and recommend the humphreys. they are built to last if you take care of them. better fuel concumption than the back woods. and also made in the usa

The Humphrey's has a removable water pan. I have a Pint and find that I don't use water. They're built really well and will not be affected by cold. I regularly cook in sub-freezing temps and wind. I can't compare to the other smoker, but compared to my Weber's the Humphrey's uses little fuel. If you're thinking about hot and fast, I have run mine at 300 to 350 a time or two, but I prefer to settle in at 275.

humphreys are great smokers. i have cooked on both of them and recommend the humphreys. they are built to last if you take care of them. better fuel concumption than the back woods. and also made in the usa
X2 - I have had my BB for five years now and it is a solid smoker.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Back