View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #154
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Here's my initial impression:

OK, here's my initial impression of tasting straight out of the bag by fingertip method. An initial burst of citrus zest and celery were prominent immediately, swiftly followed by the sweet and salt which seemed equal in strength. Then the heat hit and took over but not as strong as I thought it would be. After about 5 seconds I did detect what some may consider a bitterness but it was slight to me and not unpleasent at all (I like bitter I might add). After 10 seconds the after taste was quite good with more of the heat and sweet pronounced than anything else. I can definitely use this as a stand alone - probably better for beef, and as a mix with something like Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction. It will be useful added to recipes as well.

I definitely do not regret getting four pouches.
This is a spot on description of the taste outta the pouch IMHO. My initial thought was celery salt, followed by sweet...and then a building warmth. The heat kinda builds steadily.

Made a rub butter with some Death Dust today (topped my tri-tip dinner with it). Tasting it with the butter...the sweet was way more pronounced. The citrus/celery element seemed lessened...but the wonderful, building, warmth was still there for sure.

Its good stuff. Ordered a couple more today (hopefully they're not all gone)...gotta get some more before they are.
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B]Humphrey's Pint[/B][/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]Weber(Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe, "Smoker Joe", 22.5" Kettles, Gasser, Q100, Q200, (2)22.5" WSM, (1)18.5" WSM (1) 14.5" WSM, UDS (Weber lid), Rib-O-Lator. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=black]BLACK[/COLOR][/B] thermapen...and a [B][COLOR=yellow]YELLOW[/COLOR][/B] one too!! [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][I][B]Everything I cook is judged by SIX!![/B][/I][/FONT][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][B]Daddy and Me BBQ[/B] Competition Cooking Team[/FONT][/I]
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->