• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

my cheater version of skylight Inn's pork.

Free Mr. Tony

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I realize pulled pork post are boring, but sometimes I have a real craving for a super simple pork sandwich. Today was one of those days.

Smoked a butt on the egg

Chopped the hell out of it, and mixed in salt, pepper, Texas Pete buffalo, and cider vinegar

To replicate the skin bits they chop in, I added three strips of crisp bacon to the pork pile. Not quite the same, but added enough crunch and texture to be a decent copycat.

Put some slaw on the bottom of a white bun, added a good amount of pork, and topped with a bit more Texas Pete.

I know it's simple and nothing special, but this really hit the spot. I always forget how good pork is nearly on its own.

Nicely done, Tony!

My outlaws, a couple of Tarheels, in The Fort would fall all over themselves to get to some of that.

Where did you find those Samurai swords for chopping?

There is an Asian market here that sells them for about 10 dollars if I remember correctly. I cooked 8 or 10 pork butts for my daughters graduation a couple years ago, and bought these for that chopping chore.

They are perfect for taking chicken wing tips off, and bones in general. They are very heavy, and a simple press down on the bubbled end goes through pretty much anything. For as cheap as they are it's nice not to have to worry about the edge as much as expensive knives.

Back