• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Turkey Roadmap

Elkhound

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
It is getting close to Turkey season and it might be nice to get the links to the Turkey section of the roadmap working. I went looking for some tips today and still couldn't get to them. Getting the craving for bird and taters.

Mash taters. Yummy. I like mine lumpy, not whipped fine like with a mixer. My mom used to use one of those hand mushers. The one where you just pushed it down into the pot of taters. Oh yeah!

I like crunchy peanut butter as well so it must be a trend.

Attachments

• tater masher.jpg
    tater masher.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 58
Yup--mashed potatoes with the old hand masher--it was my job to do the mashing when I was a kid. Mom had a big-ass mixer she used for making cakes, bread, and stuff, but never for mashed potatoes. That was always a hand job.

Brauma said:
Mash taters. Yummy. I like mine lumpy, not whipped fine like with a mixer. My mom used to use one of those hand mushers. The one where you just pushed it down into the pot of taters. Oh yeah!

The Fragile Flower makes killer mashed potatoes using a masher like the one above - but since they have all kinds of goodies, the cholesterol and fat content is out of sight - so we only have them on holidays - LIKE TURKEY DAY!

Fragile Flower? Please enlighten.

And remember, real butter - in reasonable quantities - is a good thing. Margerine is synthetic and cant be good for you. Beware.

I cant be certain but I feel that Sweet & Low made one of my aunts an Altzheimer patient. She used the stuff all the time. I mean really - more than normal. I do sugar; real sugar. And I try to use only what I need.

Keep it natural; keep it real babe!!

Check out this recipie for, "The Perfect Turkey". Best turkey I ever made except I cook it on the Weber instead of the oven. Start out with 25 briquettes on each side along with a chunk of apple wood. Add eight briquettes per side each hour and apple as needed: www.thepatwhiteshow.com/perfect_turkey.htm

Good point Elk...!!! I'll get the turkey roadmapped fixed today guys. I forgot all about those.

Neil said:
Check out this recipie for, "The Perfect Turkey". Best turkey I ever made except I cook it on the Weber instead of the oven. Start out with 25 briquettes on each side along with a chunk of apple wood. Add eight briquettes per side each hour and apple as needed: www.thepatwhiteshow.com/perfect_turkey.htm
Why not do this in the Bandera instead of the Weber?

Bigdog said:
Why not do this in the Bandera instead of the Weber?

It could be done in the 'dera it's just that I'll have a whole ham and some ribs in the 'dera and I was cooking the turkey on the Weber long before I ever owned a Bandera.

i went in to fix the roadmap. Just FYI, When we moved from the other site, we went and extracted all the TITLES of the roadmapped posts and embedded the title into the roadmap post. We did this so we can use the title to do a search. So, if u need a roadmap post, just search on its title if the link isnt working.

I used a "titles only" search for "turkey" an came up wtih loads of good stuff.

Back