Top 50 BBQ Joints in Texas

I was in TX in January 2020 right before all h3ll broke loose. Went to Black's in Austin and was lucky enough to visit Franklin. Wished I could have gone to the other big ones but limited in work trip time. I've had what I personally consider to be better pork here in VA, but Franklin's brisket was unbelievable. Granted, haven't had a lot of "world renowned brisket" in my life like many of you have. But if there's "better than Franklin" brisket (that I had on that Thursday) , all I can say is Holy chit....

I am not into "hip" bbq. I don't want "creative" bbq. Im not a fancy person,, and I don't want fancy bbq. I want good delicious tasty bbq. I feel like I've said enough, and I'm starting to drool on my phone thinking about brisket and beef ribs and the smell of bbq smoke in the air...

Maybe one day I'll get back down there to visit more of the big names, on the list or not.....

Last edited:
Appears Tyler’s BBQ wasn’t hurt. Took my Mother a helluva care package including, soup, stew, chili, brisket, pork, two frozen chili dogs, chicken thighs. Returned to tent via a route passing by Tyler’s, a previous Top 50 now dropped from list best I can tell by scrolling small screen. Not there. Tyler’s parking lot was packed just a few minutes after 11AM. List or not listed time and Tyler’s Texas Barbecue marches on.

Wow, not only eating great BBQ, but listening to great music (Levon H fronting TB)! I could smell the ribs and briskey down here in Kiwi.

I had to edit a lot of the video out to avoid copyright strikes! I think I was able to piece together a good video without the lost footage, but had I not been able to I would have still posted the video.

Since most of us are good cooks and pretty much know good que, I've tried a few places in Austin, not that impressed, 3 in Lockhart not impressed. Baker Boys in Gonzales, I've eaten there three times and I felt they had some of the best que (mainly brisket) I ever purchased.

Good video. Anyone know what the block of white stuff is that he puts with the turkey before it's wrapped? Butter, Lard, Tallow?

Lots of places dip Turkey in butter after slicing.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Johnny White at Goldees has been on Youtube putting out some decent content for a while. I've enjoyed it. Seems like a real good dude. I'm sure they had NO idea this was just on the horizon for them. Big congrats to those guys, what an accomplishment.

Back